Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

201 - 220 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well...it looks like my bike selling crisis is over....but I won't know until tomorrow around one...the powers at the top have to confer and read the final report before I can be told. I was told that it will be ok....but still I have to wait....so......for the praying folks. Please send a few more for me....I sure am and as soon as I know...you will too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,009 Posts
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ok boys and girls...I can finally let everyone in on whats been going on. Last friday, I kept a kid from leaving my class. He was angry and didn't like being told "NO". Then on tuesday, I followed my school board policy and after multple requests to put his phone away, I reached out and took a student's phone from him. At this point he went ballistic and marched down to the office and stated that he had a right to call home and that I had put my arms around him from behind, (which I didn't) His father was called and i was informed that I was suspended pending the outcome of their investigation. Not only that, I was told I couldn't discuss this with anyone that I worked with. Well I was told to meet with the supt. and HR director today and I was told that I was being suspended without pay for 3 days. This I feel is fair because I did break protocol) But i was not sure earlier in the week if I was still going to have a teachiing position to go back to. So for those of you that thought good thoughts or sent prayers....THANK YOU, THANK YOU amd THANK YOU again.

PS.. the little gentleman that I took his phone decided to draw a large phallic symbol on my classroom floor today as I am told

Toymaker

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,009 Posts
Super glad to hear it you endured the situation. I would love to get into a discussion of my feeling on some on the issues you are having to deal with. This is not the place, see you in September for an candid discussion. Hang in there.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well thank you all...all of your are like my family and as such we need to stick together. I am sorry I couldn't fill you all in before..but I was under a NDA and I figured I was in enough trouble...but that is now ALL OVER... I washed the "Red lady" today and she and I will get some together time tomorrow.

YEEHAW!
T

·
Registered
276 Posts
It makes me angry that when you try to do your job you are the one that gets penalized. What a horrible message to send to the kids. Teaches them nothing except the fact that they can get away with anything. When I went to school if I got in trouble I heard about it again when I got home. In our day we didn't dare step out of line at school and we were taught to respect our teachers and others. No way I could do your job under the conditions you have to put up with.

·
Super Moderator
6,491 Posts
I echo everyone’s sentiments. Glad it’s apparently over with, however they made you the scapegoat and the kid the victim. Much like in my line of work, we’re guilty until proven innocent, I always thought it was supposed to be the other way around.
Whatever you do, don’t look cross eyed at him, he will be in therapy until the age of 35!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
I echo everyone’s sentiments. Glad it’s apparently over with, however they made you the scapegoat and the kid the victim. Much like in my line of work, we’re guilty until proven innocent, I always thought it was supposed to be the other way around.
Whatever you do, don’t look cross eyed at him, he will be in therapy until the age of 35!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or longer....

·
Registered
125 Posts
It makes me angry that when you try to do your job you are the one that gets penalized. What a horrible message to send to the kids. Teaches them nothing except the fact that they can get away with anything. When I went to school if I got in trouble I heard about it again when I got home. In our day we didn't dare step out of line at school and we were taught to respect our teachers and others. No way I could do your job under the conditions you have to put up with.
EXACTLY!!!!! I cannot even imagine what my mom would have done to me for disrespecting my teacher like that.... not to mention, you could ask my boys what I would have done if they did that at school.... uh, uh, uh!!!

201 - 220 of 254 Posts