Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

481 - 500 of 520 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,683 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,403 Posts
Well we wanted to update everyone thus far.
As far as weather goes, on Tuesday we had a few sprinkles mainly late in the afternoon. We rode from 930a-930p with lots of breaks in between. I haven’t been able to ride in a month because of the skin cancer removal on my left ear, so my endurance was low.
Wirebrush(Tim) had a blast and came down to be with us from Ohio, he has a beautiful Eluder and was loving hellbender and the dragons tail. We ate lunch yesterday at the Deals Gap restaurant.
There was a ton of bikes there as the weather was clear and in the upper 70’s. On Monday it was just Monica and myself with no specific route in mind, so we rode around and enjoyed the fresh mountain air. Several places are closed because of the covid including the museum, Wheels Through Time.
Today we’re expecting my daughter and SIL and they wanna ride the dragons tail. Weather wise it’s supposed to be decent today until this afternoon, all things considered I’m still glad we attended as both Monica and I needed a break from the real world. I had 124 hours in my last pay period and couldn’t wait to get away, covid or no covid. We are social distancing, wearing our masks, and washing our hands religiously.
Between Monica and I we will be posting pics, and here’s a few.

Scenes from Hellbender....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,403 Posts
On Monday we had the pleasure to have Rob and Paige (Bucfan11) join us even though their bike is down, they drove up and spent Monday and drove the Rattler with us while heading to WV on their vacation. They’re an awesome couple and we we’re so appreciative they spent the day and took time with us. They want to ride the Rattler at next year’s rally on their bike after seeing all the twisties and country side. See you guys at the 2021 Rally!

·
Registered
821 Posts
On Monday we had the pleasure to have Rob and Paige (Bucfan11) join us even though their bike is down, they drove up and spent Monday and drove the Rattler with us while heading to WV on their vacation. They’re an awesome couple and we we’re so appreciative they spent the day and took time with us. They want to ride the Rattler at next year’s rally on their bike after seeing all the twisties and country side. See you guys at the 2021 Rally!

Very nice. Big shout out to bucfan11 and Paige. That is awesome. is it 2021 yet.......

·
8,683 Posts
So glad y'all are getting to do this. Great pictures of the event. Carla said hi, and next year we will be there. Keep the picture and tales of the day coming. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Boy I am sure missing the rally. Sitting here in class waiting for my "remote" students to pop in on the computer. Would much rather be riding. NEXT YEAR for SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

·
8,683 Posts
Boy I am sure missing the rally. Sitting here in class waiting for my "remote" students to pop in on the computer. Would much rather be riding. NEXT YEAR for SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!

T
You need to start a thread about next year.

·
Super Moderator
7,403 Posts
Well yesterday we rode the Cheroholla Skyway with Tim, he absolutely loved it! We also rode a route through hwy 64 and came back through Murphy NC.
Just before Murphy we ran into ran which slowed us down considerably. Friday it will be clear for us to head home. My daughter and SIL arrived last evening just in time for the rain today, lol. Here’s a pic from yesterday.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well yesterday we rode the Cheroholla Skyway with Tim, he absolutely loved it! We also rode a route through hwy 64 and came back through Murphy NC.
Just before Murphy we ran into rain which slowed us down considerably. Friday it will be clear for us to head home. My daughter and SIL arrived last evening just in time for the rain today, lol. Here’s a pic from yesterday.

Little bad weather.... it was fun even with the rain....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,403 Posts
The accommodations this year were subpar at best, I’m definitely in favor of changing locations even if we move to another nearby city.
I’ll ask Toymaker to check into that and I’ll go online as well.
I’m holding off until this year’s rally has officially ended in making suggestions/ideas for the 2021 Rally. I think we should keep it near the same time of the year, but we can openly discuss that. Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas.

·
8,683 Posts
@Toymaker and other members in the Waynesville area, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #498
The accommodations this year were subpar at best, I’m definitely in favor of changing locations even if we move to another nearby city.
I’ll ask Toymaker to check into that and I’ll go online as well.
I’m holding off until this year’s rally has officially ended in making suggestions/ideas for the 2021 Rally. I think we should keep it near the same time of the year, but we can openly discuss that. Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas.

Little Switzerland? That seems to be a good place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,768 Posts
Little bad weather.... it was fun even with the rain....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sorry I couldn’t make it guys.
I tried.
Keith’s upgraded bike is looking really awesome! Wish I could’ve seen it in person. I’m sure Monica was drooling all over Tim’s gorgeous Eluder!

481 - 500 of 520 Posts