Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
WONDERFUL NEWS!! Thanks ChiefGunner!! Looks like Mr. Excellence is batting 100% cause THAT is exactly what he said was coming!! This news will DEFINITELY settle a lot of churning by the nay sayers about the continuation of the model!!
I am doing my part to help clear out one of the left overs and made an offer of 17500 last week and am still waiting to hear back. There are plenty of them (over 500 just on Cycle Trader) and I took a copy of an add from Cycle Trader that offered a new T.C. for 19500 with no hidden fees. They are suppose to call me back within a week to let me know whether or not I get the bike (my wife and I have our fingers crossed). I have no idea how this great news for model continuation will effect the outcome of my deal but we shall see. One thing for sure, if we waited and decided to go with a 2020, that BLUE one would be in our garage!
Way to go Star Yamaha - this is GREAT news!!

·
Registered
809 Posts
WONDERFUL NEWS!! Thanks ChiefGunner!! Looks like Mr. Excellence is batting 100% cause THAT is exactly what he said was coming!! This news will DEFINITELY settle a lot of churning by the nay sayers about the continuation of the model!!
I am doing my part to help clear out one of the left overs and made an offer of 17500 last week and am still waiting to hear back. There are plenty of them (over 500 just on Cycle Trader) and I took a copy of an add from Cycle Trader that offered a new T.C. for 19500 with no hidden fees. They are suppose to call me back within a week to let me know whether or not I get the bike (my wife and I have our fingers crossed). I have no idea how this great news for model continuation will effect the outcome of my deal but we shall see. One thing for sure, if we waited and decided to go with a 2020, that BLUE one would be in our garage!
Way to go Star Yamaha - this is GREAT news!!
Brother...go and get er... :)

Joe

·
Registered
809 Posts
Glad I found it. It’s good news for the SVTC for sure!
Sure is...and I'm sure if the up-take is as good in '19...for even though they are calling it a 2020 model...for sure you'll be able to buy one by this coming March/April. The more they have out on the road...with happy owners blubbering away...it's free advertisement for Yamaha. I know of one couple that will be beaming, unless they bought something else late in last Fall....

I like that blue...same as is on their FJR. I'd still buy our red though. The red one, is the fastest....and we all know it, LOL! (dodging eggs....).....

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad I found it. It’s good news for the SVTC for sure!
Sure is...and I'm sure if the up-take is as good in '19...for even though they are calling it a 2020 model...for sure you'll be able to buy one by this coming March/April. The more they have out on the road...with happy owners blubbering away...it's free advertisement for Yamaha. I know of one couple that will be beaming, unless they bought something else late in last Fall....

I like that blue...same as is on their FJR. I'd still buy our red though. The red one, is the fastest....and we all know it, LOL! (dodging eggs....).....
LOL! There ya go... stirring the pot again! Not that I’m gonna argue with ya seeing as how I own one of those definitely faster red ones. That blue sure is “purdy” though!
Back when I ordered my SVTC, I called Yamaha and asked if I could “custom order” my SVTC in the Eluder Blue... they said “NO”. How was I to know I was trying to spoil their 2020 plans??
Who’d a thunk eh? Lol! Besides, I like going faster... oops... DUCK! Incoming eggs!!

·
Registered
809 Posts
LOL! There ya go... stirring the pot again! Not that I’m gonna argue with ya seeing as how I own one of those definitely faster red ones. That blue sure is “purdy” though!
Back when I ordered my SVTC, I called Yamaha and asked if I could “custom order” my SVTC in the Eluder Blue... they said “NO”. How was I to know I was trying to spoil their 2020 plans??
Who’d a thunk eh? Lol! Besides, I like going faster... oops... DUCK! Incoming eggs!!
Funny that they don't show a 2020 Eluder though. Honestly Tony...I don't think the bagger did well even in Canada. My dealer's bagger was still sitting there, in the late Fall, all the while--->yet, he was CLAMORING for more SVTC's. If you are going to have the same chassis...the same motor....why would you not want a fully dressed out SV, or SVTC?!?!?! I never got the Bagger thing. It must be totally 'style' driven.... I did see one out in the wild last summer. I saw three SVTC's and one Eluder. That was province wide...and not merely collected around the GTA.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny that they don't show a 2020 Eluder though. Honestly Tony...I don't think the bagger did well even in Canada. My dealer's bagger was still sitting there, in the late Fall, all the while--->yet, he was CLAMORING for more SVTC's. If you are going to have the same chassis...the same motor....why would you not want a fully dressed out SV, or SVTC?!?!?! I never got the Bagger thing. It must be totally 'style' driven.... I did see one out in the wild last summer. I saw three SVTC's and one Eluder. That was province wide...and not merely collected around the GTA.
I haven’t seen any bagger in the wild, and the ONLY other SVTC I’ve seen on the road is Rich’s bike (GArider). Very odd. The bike generates attention everywhere I go yet I don’t see any. Hopefully that changes this year.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I just saw the Fed Ex guy go past my front driveway....so I chased him down...and asked if he had onboard my 2018 Star Venture Navigation and 'everything else' software update...

....he saw the sad look come across my face, when he said, "I'm afraid not, Joe, maybe next week...".

Yeah..yeah..."Thanks Ted...". ;)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just saw the Fed Ex guy go past my front driveway....so I chased him down...and asked if he had onboard my 2018 Star Venture Navigation and 'everything else' software update...

....he saw the sad look come across my face, when he said, "I'm afraid not, Joe, maybe next week...".

Yeah..yeah..."Thanks Ted...". /forums/images/smilies/wink.gif
I believe it’s coming Joe. They might be a bit slow, but let’s face it... after the release debacle, they’re gonna want to get this right THE FIRST TIME!

·
Registered
809 Posts
No hints at a 19 or 20 Eluder yet up there ?
I would get the Venture but don't do passengers, don't need a trunk, and don't do chrome :(
Eluders, other than '18's seem to be missing in action...and in looking at the spec sheet for the 2020 Venture...other than the color...it's the same bike as the 2018. If you like an Eluder...just grab your best deal on a 2018. They are fine bikes!

·
Registered
691 Posts
The problem is so many people have been brain washed into thinking Harley Davidson is this super special motorcycle when it is not and is really far behind every other serious touring motorcycle on the market.

Victory built a better motorcycle than Harley but the Harley crowd all bashed the Victory, today we no longer have Victory.

Indian is doing much better than Victory did but only because the Indian brand was America's true first motorcycle but there are still those in the Harley crowd who bash the Indian.

Almost everyone in the Harley crowd bashes the metric bikes Japan or German.

If the Harley crowd would actually ride these other bikes they would discover just how far behind Harley Davidson really is.

This Yamaha Star Venture Transcontinental is the best touring motorcycle on the market today, it far exceeds any Harley Davidson and I owned and traded in a Harley Davison for this Yamaha so I speak from experience.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts