10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Reactions: faffi

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Not totally done with this year yet. But thought a comparison to 2019 might be interesting that we have so far.

·
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Reactions: ecbaatz

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'll update all readings for the mileage threads when I get home from work. Someone has to work to ship y'alls parts out. By the way @ecbaatz , you were the closest to @Roadguy , you just need to triple your mileage.
Believe me, I would love to, one of the reasons I got my bike, but with my mother's health the way it is, it might be a little while before I can do that. At least though, I have a bike to give it a try.

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic and 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
924 Posts
35247 miles = 56712 km, or about 7 seasons for me. The distance for me is mindboggling. With the typical average riding speed I am able to keep, and that is with pushing well into the heavy fine and many penalty points territory often, it means 777 hours riding. Then add a minimum of breaks, dressing/undressing, maintaining the bike and we are talking 3 hours per day, all year. I do not have the time for that, nor the will to priority. Riding for me is the total package and I collect smiles per day more than miles per day. But if I did not have work, family, home, workouts etc. I could see myself enjoy that amount of riding, though. Some day...

·
Registered
165 Posts
35247 miles = 56712 km, or about 7 seasons for me. The distance for me is mindboggling. With the typical average riding speed I am able to keep, and that is with pushing well into the heavy fine and many penalty points territory often, it means 777 hours riding. Then add a minimum of breaks, dressing/undressing, maintaining the bike and we are talking 3 hours per day, all year. I do not have the time for that, nor the will to priority. Riding for me is the total package and I collect smiles per day more than miles per day. But if I did not have work, family, home, workouts etc. I could see myself enjoy that amount of riding, though. Some day...
I still work my 40 hour weeks and ride on the weekends. I have never been pulled over and not 1 traffic ticket in all my years.

·
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just updated the spreadsheet on first post. This will be the official beginning mileage. Please double check your beginning mileage. Thanks.

Reactions: Boog

·
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
@MikeyC, got you added. Ride often and safe.

Reactions: faffi
21 - 33 of 33 Posts