Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,071 Posts
Hoping to make it next year. I read about postponing it to later in September for fall colors. Mid September is already getting chilly in the mornings around here and we would have to get early starts every day to get there on time. We could luck out and have nice weather but we've already had several frost warnings this year and coming back a week later will only be colder. Not a deal breaker but I just wanted to mention that.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We all gotta commit to it next year! Rona relief rally!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Starting this thread early, but 2021 is going to be here in no time...

Let’s begin our next journey discussion!

AWESOMENESS.... Now let's keep this enthusiasm going clear through the rally next year.... let's NOT let the distractions veer our thoughts and actions... we have 1 full year to plan financially, vacation planning, etc... it is going to take ALL of us to make this rally what we all know it can be!!!! Looking forward to seeing you ALL!!!!

With that being said... we truly need to check into changing the location to a more updated center hub for this rally next year.... Comfort Inn in Maggie Valley, Waynesville, or somewhere else.... lets get started in locking in a place.... those that have been to the rally, drop your vote here.... We want to make next year a GREAT time at a great place for the newcomers!!! Looking forward to to seeing all the familiar faces and meeting the new faces that will be attending!!!

Lets make this the biggest and best thus far by inviting friends and family to bring their bikes (regardless of what they ride) to join in all the riding fun.....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AWESOMENESS.... Now let's keep this enthusiasm going clear through the rally next year.... let's NOT let the distractions veer our thoughts and actions... we have 1 full year to plan financially, vacation planning, etc... it is going to take ALL of us to make this rally what we all know it can be!!!! Looking forward to seeing you ALL!!!!

With that being said... we truly need to check into changing the location to a more updated center hub for this rally next year.... Comfort Inn in Maggie Valley, Waynesville, or somewhere else.... lets get started in locking in a place.... those that have been to the rally, drop your vote here.... We want to make next year a GREAT time at a great place for the newcomers!!! Looking forward to to seeing all the familiar faces and meeting the new faces that will be attending!!!

Lets make this the biggest and best thus far by inviting friends and family to bring their bikes (regardless of what they ride) to join in all the riding fun.....

Can’t say it better, Monica. You should chime in more often and give this kind of motivation speech to all of us

·
Registered
203 Posts
Can’t say it better, Monica. You should chime in more often and give this kind of motivation speech to all of us

I thought I had.... i suppose some people just weren't paying attention..... LOL!!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,819 Posts
I'll agree with keeping it in the same time frame, color would be nice but cooler weather for some to travel in and the possibility of a safety hazard with leaves in the road. I'm open to the Little Switzerland or Maggie Valley area. I say we give @Toymaker or other members in that area some time to scope out other places. I gave toymaker a heads up that we would be asking. How about we set some kind of a nightly dollar limit that everyone is comfortable with, I say $150 a night regular rate, with booking multiple rooms I'm sure we would get a pretty good discount, hey, I'll volunteer my AARP discount, ;). You can count Carla and I in. The deciding factor towards the end this year is when my company said if I went out of state I would have to quarantine for 14 days, and that was without pay. Can't wait till next rally!!!!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Hoping to make it next year. I read about postponing it to later in September for fall colors. Mid September is already getting chilly in the mornings around here and we would have to get early starts every day to get there on time. We could luck out and have nice weather but we've already had several frost warnings this year and coming back a week later will only be colder. Not a deal breaker but I just wanted to mention that.
If this is next year, I might be able to take some time off and join you. You'll be passing just a few hours to the east of me (I'm in Vermont). Might ride with you if you don't mind and timing works out. That is if you y'all don't mind another northerner. :)

·
Banned
2,819 Posts
It was just an idea. We certainly don’t want to leave you guys out!

·
Super Moderator
4,071 Posts
If this is next year, I might be able to take some time off and join you. You'll be passing just a few hours to the east of me (I'm in Vermont). Might ride with you if you don't mind and timing works out. That is if you y'all don't mind another northerner. :)
Absolutely. It would be great to have the company.

·
Super Moderator
3,977 Posts
It's not an impossibility with a few stops. The only choice is do I take Cherry across the country just for the awesomeness or go for with the obvious choice of the Strat.

Reactions: nurtaeff

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,819 Posts
It's not an impossibility with a few stops. The only choice is do I take Cherry across the country just for the awesomeness or go for with the obvious choice of the Strat.
The Strat. Kick back and enjoy the ride.

Reactions: nurtaeff

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
I'll look into Maggie Valley for us...I think it is time for a change as well.

T

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'll look into Maggie Valley for us...I think it is time for a change as well.

T
My stepdaughter and her husband stayed at the comfort inn.... check to see if they'd give us a good price for a block of rooms... anywhere from 10 to 15 rooms.... I'd like a suite with a jacuzzi and kitchen... LOL!!! But really!!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
My stepdaughter and her husband stayed at the comfort inn.... check to see if they'd give us a good price for a block of rooms... anywhere from 10 to 15 rooms.... I'd like a suite with a jacuzzi and kitchen... LOL!!! But really!!

And a fully stocked wet bar while we're at it please....:ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 167 Posts