Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,044 Posts
How about this place. I'm told it's where the locals go, caters specifically to motorcycles and has great food. Not sure how far it is from everything though. Rooms are well priced.

Reactions: Boog

·
Super Moderator
7,991 Posts
I agree with the change of location, but not later in the year or month. As we were leaving the area yesterday, leaves were already falling and I think it’s too risky to deal with falling leaves especially for those coming from up north. I think we should consider all the factors with people attending from all over the country and Canada. It’s bad enough here with grass clippings people shoot out in the street making it as slippery as snot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
I 100% agree with changing the location... the time frame is good as it is.... it is getting cooler but leaves are falling and beginning to cover the road... As beautiful as that is to see, it is adding more danger to the already grass covered danger we face riding anywhere really.....
I would like Maggie Valley, it is close to the museum, restaurants, shops, etc.... I believe the powers that be can vote on it and let me know.....

Is it SEPTEMBER 2021 yet???? I haven't even returned to work and already need a vacation... LOL!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,991 Posts
Ok members, I propose the week of September 12-17 for our 2021 Rally dates. We’re working on the new location as I’m posting this, and will update with suggestions when they come in.
So let’s hear everyone’s ideas/suggestions. There’s interest in hats and t-shirts too, using the forums logo. It’s never too late to start planning ahead!

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
2,000 Posts
I'm a Virginia guy so my vote is not really a go here. I do recommend western Kentucky though. I'm not sure if any of your rallies have been there in the past but since KY is in the group, it have a lot of awesome motorcycle roads complete with their own maps for bikers. The food is good all over the place that I have ridden. You will have the same challenges of leaves as you will any other place by going into September and the temperatures cooler most likely.

My other groups do most of the east coast rallies in the spring and the west coast rallies in the fall where they are not allowed to have anything green thus no leaves, i.e. Utah and Nevada.

For KY, Stearns is a good central spot to ride from.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,889 Posts
I'm just excited to get to meet y'all (is a northerner allowed to say that?)
I'll let @NorthernRider answer that, along with can a Southerner say "eh"?

But on location I say clean, central to routes ridden or suggested in past, safe good parking, food close by and semi cost effective. To me that's really all that matters. The attendees will make the event.

·
Registered
2012 Roadstar Silverado S
37 Posts
Looking forward to the 2021 rally! Hopefully we keep it in NC, for my own selfish reasons...short ride from SC 😁

·
Banned
2,819 Posts
The 12th - 17th of September 2021 is marked on my calendar... The location should be somewhere that is centralized to the many motorcycle routes (which is one main reason for being there). Just my two cents worth...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I went last weekend to reconnoiter Little Switzerland area and gave Keith a report about it. Only one hotel that is really worth staying in but it’s pricey enough to keep many away. All meals are a la carte as well, so that adds up quickly.
Went from there to Maggie Valley to look at some other accommodations, but ran out of time for the day. Just that alone put me in the saddle for 12.5 hrs. I’m going to have to research on line, though I did love the ride!
All the roads connect into Maggie Valley, so why not stay there? The key is finding the right place.
If anyone has specific amenities you’d like me to look out for, please say so.
As of right now I’m looking for clean, affordable and with at least a good breakfast (preferably buffet style) included. Also room service and an attached bar/lounge if possible.
Now I will say that Little Switzerland Inn had all that in SPADES with stunning ambiance and views, but again you PAID for it! It was $150-260 per night.

I suggest we try to stay in Maggie Valley due to a lot more selections. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Lots of options in Maggie Valley

·
Super Moderator
4,044 Posts
I understand that the accommodations this year weren't up to par with last years meet, but that has to be expected under the current conditions. If that place was cost effective and had good service in '19 it could be there again in '21 once all this is (hopefully) behind us.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,889 Posts
The Inn is really starting to age. Last year was not totally up to standards for all and looks like this year nothing had improved. Seems to be a good time to look for another location.

21 - 40 of 128 Posts