Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

41 - 60 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,981 Posts
I can remember that as long as accommodations were mostly dry I was good. Or even a picnic table top. However, something has happened to me and things have changed ever since I beat anorexia. Seems I need an actual good bed now-a-days and a coffee pot that works. Heck, I don't even like mildew smells anymore. It may be something to do with the depletion of dark brown color in my hair...

·
Registered
993 Posts
I’m up for wherever the group wants to stay. I agree with setting the nightly limit no higher than 150, 125 sounds good too.

Just looking forward to planning a week long vacation. Might be the longest one I’ve taken in a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,973 Posts
Just an update based on feedback we’re getting thus far.
We’re looking at Maggie Valley pretty hard as the area is biker friendly, most of the hotels are updated, or will be by the time our rally comes around.
We’re checking availability and pricing for a block of rooms so stay tuned for more updates.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Time to lift this up a bit...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,973 Posts
Very little as you know I’ve been working late nearly every day. I did pull up the best motorcycle friendly places to stay in the Maggie Valley area, and 10 places came up ranging in price from $65 dollars a night to $225 a night. More information to come this weekend as I don’t have to work Saturday or Sunday .

·
Super Moderator
7,973 Posts
Update: I have sent out emails to the best motorcycle hotels in Maggie Valley getting prices and amenities.
I’ll be awaiting responses but the prices so far appear to be competitive with the Waynesville Inn. Parking is not as issue, a few of them have fire pits and outdoor seating by a creek at the rear of the property.
I’ll keep you updated.

·
Super Moderator
7,973 Posts
Ok members,
I sent out four requests to the top hotels/motels in Maggie Valley that are motorcycle friendly and received emails from two.
Meadowlark Hotel rooms are $89.00 a night with a frig, microwave, coffee pot, and WiFi.
Jonathan Creek rooms are $82.80 per night up to $105.80 for premium rooms with access to pool. They also have frig, microwaves, WiFi and 50” screen tv’s. I personally like what Jonathan Creek has to offer, but look them up on the internet and give me your opinions.
The prices are based on booking 10-15 rooms for the rally, and they are each on the street directly behind the main drag through Maggie Valley, with plenty of gas stations and restaurants.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,857 Posts
Carla and I looked at both and the Google pictures, Jonathan Creek does look it will work pretty good. Would be nice if someone could actually visit and give first hand impressions.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Jonathan Creek seems to be a good place. Sounds like a road trip to check it out

Thanks a lot for checking, Keith!

·
Super Moderator
7,973 Posts
I’m favoring Jonathan Creek because they got back to me fairly quickly and I think they have more to offer room wise.
Oscar, do you think you guys could check it out and give us your impression? If not we’ll try to make a run over there and see.
Booking this far in advance will help cement any reservations.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I’m favoring Jonathan Creek because they got back to me fairly quickly and I think they have more to offer room wise.
Oscar, do you think you guys could check it out and give us your impression? If not we’ll try to make a run over there and see.
Booking this far in advance will help cement any reservations.

I’m tempted to do it, Keith. Been a while since I did a fairly long trip. Would be even better if you guys could make over there and we had a small get together thing

41 - 60 of 121 Posts