Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

61 - 80 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I vote Jonathan Creek as well. I have been up that way a few times. That place looks good.

T

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,895 Posts
Quick update: With any luck, Monica and I will be driving over to Maggie Valley this weekend to check out the top two hotels I’ve listed. We’ll report back to everyone after we get back with pictures, just wanted y’all to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have fun.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Quick update: With any luck, Monica and I will be driving over to Maggie Valley this weekend to check out the top two hotels I’ve listed. We’ll report back to everyone after we get back with pictures, just wanted y’all to know.
Take some photos to share! And thanks.
Edited - duh - you said you would in your post! :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
7,991 Posts
Ok members, new update.
Monica and I drove over to Maggie Valley to check both hotels. The MeadowLark and Jonathan Creek.
Both Hotels were nice, here’s some pics of MeadowLark...

The MeadowLark photos and it has a pool.
Now photos of Jonathan Creek....

Lobby of Jonathan Creek...

Jonathan Creek in our opinion is by far the best. Nice creek side seating area. Both Hotels were full, but Monica snuck a pic of one of the rooms at the MeadowLark. It was nice. Monica will be posting a few pics as well.
Anyways, we think Jonathan Creek is a better choice, more options for rooms including jacuzzis in certain rooms. The pool is heated and covered and open all day and evening. Tell us what y’all think!

·
Super Moderator
4,045 Posts
I'll go with popular opinion. To me it's just a place to rest between rides so it really doesn't matter as long as it's clean. Jonathan Creek does look to be the nicer of the two though.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Keith thanks for the update and pictures.
Remember that the Thunder in the smokies happens in Maggie Valley September 10 -12 and usually very crowded a few days before and after.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ok members, new update.
Monica and I drove over to Maggie Valley to check both hotels. The MeadowLark and Jonathan Creek.

Jonathan Creek in our opinion is by far the best. Nice creek side seating area. Both Hotels were full, but Monica snuck a pic of one of the rooms at the MeadowLark. It was nice. Monica will be posting a few pics as well.
Anyways, we think Jonathan Creek is a better choice, more options for rooms including jacuzzis in certain rooms. The pool is heated and covered and open all day and evening. Tell us what y’all think!

This was the king room....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Now that I've seen the pics I like Jonathan Creek. The more I think about this and the more I've been riding again - I'm realizing I might have to add a few days on either end of the trip. The opportunity to take my time and ride the backroads down and back is really appealing. Still have a few months to plan.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Ok members, new update.

Thanks a lot, Keith and Monica! Jonathan creek certainly looks comfortable and cozy place to stay. But I guess rooms need to be booked early so let’s get busy and make sure we plan ahead

·
Registered
200 Posts
Are we still thinking the dates are Sep 12-17?
I believe that is the planned week.... we have a little less than 1 year to make financial plans... we should begin booking ASAP to make sure that we get a great deal on the rooms....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks a lot, Keith and Monica! Jonathan creek certainly looks comfortable and cozy place to stay. But I guess rooms need to be booked early so let’s get busy and make sure we plan ahead

Yes, we need to make sure we begin with the room blocks and making sure that we get the best deal we can..... When making plans, we need to make sure that we stick to those plans and not change our minds at the lasy minute... it is not fair to the people that actually show up.....

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Yes, we need to make sure we begin with the room blocks and making sure that we get the best deal we can..... When making plans, we need to make sure that we stick to those plans and not change our minds at the lasy minute... it is not fair to the people that actually show up.....

Yes, ma’am. I certainly hope that we’ll be able to make it next year. Baby will be 2, perhaps she will be able to handle longer road trips better. I miss our get togetherness

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Maybe Cat and Tim can make it as well, they were a lot of fun!

Hopefully. I’ll talk to them. My invite is still valid too, would be good to see you guys here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
999 Posts
I’ve invited our SCRC chapter first officer, he rides a Roadliner. Hopefully I’ll hear from him soon if he’ll be able to make it but he’s definitely interested.

·
Super Moderator
7,991 Posts
Sounds great Matt and Oscar! So if everyone agrees at this point for Jonathan Creek, I’ll go ahead and get the instructions for reservations, y’all good with that?

61 - 80 of 128 Posts