Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 167 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,171 Posts
Awesome Toymaker! Can’t wait to see you and your bike, I think we’re all going to love the new location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Hi all...well sorry for being silent for so long. This retirement things was a little conplicated and I needed to spend a lot of time on it. But now it is done. I'll be booking my stay this week so count Toymaker in. The red lady is finally finished and I am really pleased with her. Extra lighting on the rear and up front. Ya'll will see in September.

Hey Oscar...how's that little girl doing?

Keith...I hope you are well...

T
Hey John. Congrats on your retirement! Little one is doing good, growing too fast. But we enjoy every moment with her.

Looking forward to seeing you guys this fall!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Awesomeness!!!! I hope to make it in September.... I just started a new career and am not sure that they will allow a weeks vacation within a year of starting (but I am going to try) I would love to see you all.... keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers... Love Y'all, Mean It!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Me and the wife have booked room 116. Now we have to wait all year. We will be traveling from Mt Holly NC so maybe try and meet somewhere to form a travel group
Hey Cwalker, pm’d you

·
Super Moderator
8,171 Posts
I was notified that two more folks have made reservations for this year’s rally, so the word is getting out.
I met a young man at a local gas station filling up his 650 Classic and invited him to join our forum, and attend our rally.
He seemed very interested and praised his bike. He said it’s never let him down and loves the way it handles. I told him the 650’s are very popular on the forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have contacted the Jonathan Inn to pay on my romm and was advised by Alice that they arent doing any groups right now due to the COVID rules of no more than 10 people plus the 9 oclock curfew. So who ever reached out to Jeff may want to touch base. Alice advised me that she will handle all group setups and special rates if any

·
Registered
367 Posts
Awesomeness!!!! I hope to make it in September.... I just started a new career and am not sure that they will allow a weeks vacation within a year of starting (but I am going to try) I would love to see you all.... keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers... Love Y'all, Mean It!!!!

If ya'll don't come to the rally then I'll have to come to Tennessee to say hi. (If they let me in the country.)

·
Registered
203 Posts
If ya'll don't come to the rally then I'll have to come to Tennessee to say hi. (If they let me in the country.)
ABSOLUTELY..... IF I'm still on the schedule I'm on now.... I'll be off Thursday thru Sunday mid day.... so heck yeah, we have an extra room and then we can ride together...

·
Super Moderator
8,171 Posts
Ok Members,
Major update regarding the new location.
There were some kinks in organizing the new location, nobody’s fault, but it’s cleared up. Jonathan Creek is listing this as the Yamaha Meet & Greet, September 13-18.
Creekside balcony rooms: $96.60 per night.
Creekside with screened in back porch: $105.80 per night.
Rooms with hot tub: $100.28 per night.
Jeff and Alice will be our contact people. You must mention the Yamaha Meet & Greet when making reservations. In order to get the group rate, we have to reserve ten rooms, the more reserved, the better. I believe three reservations are in effect including ours.
Jonathan Creek Inn
4324 Soco Road
Maggie Valley, NC 28751
(828)926-1232
www.Jonathan creek inn.com
If anyone has any questions, pm me or email them at their email address. Hope this clears things up some. It’s already the first full week of March, September will be shortly!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Ok Members,
Major update regarding the new location.
There were some kinks in organizing the new location, nobody’s fault, but it’s cleared up. Jonathan Creek is listing this as the Yamaha Meet & Greet, September 13-18.
Creekside balcony rooms: $96.60 per night.
Creekside with screened in back porch: $105.80 per night.
Rooms with hot tub: $100.28 per night.
Jeff and Alice will be our contact people. You must mention the Yamaha Meet & Greet when making reservations. In order to get the group rate, we have to reserve ten rooms, the more reserved, the better. I believe three reservations are in effect including ours.
Jonathan Creek Inn
4324 Soco Road
Maggie Valley, NC 28751
(828)926-1232
www.Jonathan creek inn.com
If anyone has any questions, pm me or email them at their email address. Hope this clears things up some. It’s already the first full week of March, September will be shortly!

Thanks for the update, Keith!

Time to get busy and plan ahead because September will be here in no time!

This is gonna be our COVID relief rally, I’m pretty certain many are tired from all this mess going on, we need to let some stress out and that’s going to be a perfect time to do. Lots of good people, bikes and fun! If you attend you will be back next year, I promise!

Get on board and put your reservation down!

·
Super Moderator
8,171 Posts
You are so correct Oscar! We’re going to move on past the covid and let our hair down do some serious fellowshipping! Don’t be left out, just get your reservation in and be a part of our annual rally in beautiful North Carolina!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Look, if I am willing to take the UNPAID time off from work to be there for this rally.... none of you have anything to keep you from participating..... it will be fun, interesting, adventurous... and you will never forget the people you meet and the good times you had.... you will never want to miss out on this fellowship time.....

·
Super Moderator
8,171 Posts
In continuing to plan our rally this September, it has been suggested that we have a show-shine segment with a stereo contest. Several members have updated their rides, and I would like to see them get recognized.
Nothing fancy, unless your bike is, so what do y’all think? I say the categories should be bagger, cruiser, and custom. Also recognition for long distance attendee.
Tell us what you think!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
In continuing to plan our rally this September, it has been suggested that we have a show-shine segment with a stereo contest. Several members have updated their rides, and I would like to see them get recognized.
Nothing fancy, unless your bike is, so what do y’all think? I say the categories should be bagger, cruiser, and custom. Also recognition for long distance attendee.
Tell us what you think!

Great idea, let’s do it! I guess me and Les will be competing in non-Yammie class

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Time to give this a lift and get more people on board!

·
Super Moderator
8,171 Posts
I’ve been told that a few others have made reservations for our rally. If you’ve been to one in the past, please share your experience with other members.
We keep it simple and fun, and focus on everyone getting together to share our passion.
After all, other brands have their rallies, why shouldn’t we have ours, right?
So please help get the word out, see everyone in September!!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Time to lift this up. Make sure you made your reservation and we’ll see you there in September!

·
Super Moderator
8,171 Posts
Couldn’t agree more Oscar! September will be here before you know it, let’s hear from some of the attendees from the previous rallies, didn’t you have a good time with great scenery?

101 - 120 of 167 Posts