Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Time to give this a little lift. Anyone seeing this and not signing up is making the biggest mistake in their life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,977 Posts
I won't be able to make it this year. ( with a couple of stops ) maybe next year.

Reactions: Keith Post

·
Super Moderator
8,171 Posts
Happy 4th members!
In 10 weeks our annual rally will be starting up, 10WEEKS!!
We’re getting closer and a good time will be had by all, don’t be left out!!!

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Well it is official...ill be there sep 12-15. Looking forward to seeing everyone
T

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,819 Posts
Well it is official...ill be there sep 12-15. Looking forward to seeing everyone
T
Great. Sorry I'm going to miss this one.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
@Keith Post ; what time am I supposed to meet you and @PI.GIRL ; on Sunday? And where? I’ll be driving over that morning so trying to plan what time I have to leave that morning.

·
Super Moderator
8,171 Posts
Umm…what about the restaurant at the deals gap store, say between 3-4? Is that too early or late for you? We’re right at 75 miles from the entrance to the dragons tail.
Toymaker! That is awesome, we’re so looking forward to seeing you guys again!

·
Super Moderator
8,171 Posts
We’re another week closer to our rally! Excitement is starting to build and our Buddy Toymaker will be there! He’s one of the original attendees and we’re hoping the borders will be open for our favorite canucks to attend too!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Umm…what about the restaurant at the deals gap store, say between 3-4? Is that too early or late for you? We’re right at 75 miles from the entrance to the dragons tail.
Toymaker! That is awesome, we’re so looking forward to seeing you guys again!

Do you mean the restaurant at the top of the dragon at the MC resort? Or someplace else?

·
Super Moderator
8,171 Posts
We’re another week closer to our rally!
We’re going to have a great time and enjoy the kinship that this forum is known for. It’s right around the corner as we’re preparing for the trip. Last minute things to do and we’re off to NC. Great scenery and people, what else could you ask for?
See y’all in a few weeks!!

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
198 Posts
My wife and I entertaining the idea of joining the SE Regional Members gathering in September. I have been to Maggie Valley once, in 2017, and really enjoyed the area. We have a multitude of variables to attend to, not all of them in our control. I.E., September is prime hurricane season and we would be traveling from the SE Texas, so our route to NC could easily be compromised by a storm along most of the Gulf Coast at the wrong time. We also have some other wild cards, but I am going to be optimistic that we can sort those out.

I have not yet contacted the hotel, do you know if your special rate is still available or if your room bloc is sold out? Not a show stopper if not, just curious.

We wouldn't be able to attend the entire event. Our very preliminary plan is to arrive Sunday evening and leave either Thursday or Friday morning.

Just getting the ball rolling on our end and this communication is just to ensure the group is open to a couple of Texas strangers crashing your party or if there are any other impediments for attendance.

Hope y'all are cool with the plan and I can get my ducks in a row.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,819 Posts
GO, GO, GO!!
I went two years ago but didn't go last year due to travel restrictions. Would go this year, but with moving and getting things together for retirement money is tight. It's a great event.

·
Registered
203 Posts
DEBATING with myself..... my older children all work nights and work in the opposite direction of the home Keith and I share..... my youngest son has school that I didn't want him to miss a week of.... we have 3 dogs 3 cats and now 6 fish...... BUT my son has NEVER stayed alone, knowing he's alone will not allow me to enjoy myself without worry.....

My choices: 1. I don't go this year - let Keith go alone.
2. We board the dogs.... leave out enough food for the cats.... get a friend to come feed the fish 2 or 3 times that week.... let my son miss school for that week and bring him with us......

I'm torn

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,171 Posts
The Hotel still has rooms available, we have a few folks that won’t be staying all week, so we understand.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Unfortunately Dave and I won't be coming this year. The US border is closed until at least August 21st and there's no guarantee they will open it after that. So we had to make a decision as the rally would only be three weeks away if they did open the border. That would make for some pretty rushed planning so we decided it would be better to plan something in October instead and maybe head out west if the border does open up. If not then we're just going to ride around in Canada this year. Looking forward to seeing everybody in 2022.

141 - 160 of 167 Posts