Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say in 2021 the world opens back up, what motorcycle trips or rides do you plan? Not necessarily dream rides, but rides you might actually go on. For me the Houston Vstar and All Other Riders would continue with new ride destinations. Then having another Texas get together, first one was great. At least one multiple day trip with wife for our Anniversary Ride to hill country and Twisted Sisters. Then to North Carolina for the Meet and Greet. On the way to the Meet and Greet, swing by to visit @Jspree and other Florida area members. Doing a group ride to a Rally or two with forum members. Of course I can dream of other rides, but the ones listed are some of my most memorable ride and would love to do them all in one year. So, what's on your list?

Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I hope to do my annual Cherohala Skyway and Dragon tail ride and hopefully the NC forum meet and greet!! Come on, end to the pandemic.....

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,322 Posts
I don't really see things opening up enough this year for overnight rides. At least not while good riding weather lasts. In fact I'm debating whether I should try to get hunting tags for Wyoming this year. It might be a waste of my preference points.

But pretending I'm wrong, and hotels are open and safe, I would like to ride into the Sierra, both eastern and western sides. Maybe even cross over through Yosemite and see how the Star does at 11k feet elevation. I know I breathe hard, and she just might too. Then cross back over across Donner. It would be about a 10 day swing on a bike.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I would like to wait for nice warm riding weather to get here....Hopefully it will provide a cure to the crazy drivers that seem to have emerged from their deep cover during Covid times...Seriously thinking about selling my bike if the crazies dont learn how to coexist...

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Reactions: bpounds

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,322 Posts
Reactions: Louisiana Jeff

·
Registered
170 Posts
I always do the Laurel Highlands 6. Six loop type rides through the mountains of PA. I also visit the Flight 93 memorial several times a year and take a run with friends to "Thunder In the Valley" rally in Johnstown, PA. Hopefully it is going to be a better summer this year than the last as the only riding I did was back and forth to my camp in the mountains. Would really like to go on a ride through Skyline Drive might just make it this year. Previous years I rode up through northern PA and New York around the Wellsboro area near Pa Grand Canyon, real nice roads up that way also.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,322 Posts
Well that's disappointing to be so nutritious. I would much rather make the whole party get sick and die. Serves them right for serving me up.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I live in SE PA and was planning on a three-five day loop up eastern PA, across on RT 6, down through Indiana, PA to the Flight 93 Memorial, over to the Antietam Battlefield, then
up to Gettysburg, then home. If things open up....that's my plan.

Cross country is gonna have to wait.

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,593 Posts
I try to attend a couple of reunions each year as well as a rally or two. I want to ride down to the SE Star rally and to the Rockets Across America rally. There is a Rescue Swimmer Reunion in Pensacola that is on hold.

I fear that most people fear this virus too much to let us go back to normal life though. I expect we will be in this slag for another few years.

In lieu of that, I have a need for long motorcycle trips so unless they close down the roads, I will still go somewhere far away even if it is only to burn gas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts