Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Administrator
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

Congrats again to @dmil123, October's winner.
High tech or low tech, since 1925, it's been standard on most vehicles.

For this month's challenge, show us your odometer and maybe tell us how you got some of those miles!

We do have some basic rules:
  • Members MUST have at least 20 posts
  • Unless otherwise stated you may submit up to 5 photos
  • Voting will take place the last week of the month
  • Feel free to PM me with ideas for future themes
Winners will receive:
  • One year of premium membership (no ads, focused browsing mode, and more)
  • A profile badge to show off your winner status
  • A place in the StarBikeForums.com winner's gallery
  • Their winning photo featured on the homepage until the next contest starts
Good luck to those who enter!
~MR

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Administrator
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you haven't entered yet, now's the time to do so. We've only a few days left.

This month's theme was odometer; please ensure you include a pic of your odometer so I can include you in the poll! 馃槉

~MR

Premium Member
'18 SVTC
Reaction score
I put around 4600 of those miles on it in April 2021 on a trip from SE Texas to SE Washington, riding in parts of Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming. Hit high cross winds north of Moab, UT on US191 that I thought was going put us on our side. Gusting so hard it was trying to spin my helmet on my head and I was worried one of the oncoming trailers would blow over on us....scariest straight and flat land riding I've ever done.

In September 2021 we rode around 2800 miles to and with the SE Regional Star Forum members meetup in Maggie Valley, NC. On that trip we rode in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee. Rode most of the Natchez Trace in Mississippi on the way home. Slow, but beautiful ride.

The majority of the rest of those miles have been wandering around a large chunk of the Texas Piney Woods and a couple of trips to the Texas Hill Country. I've chased many a scavenger hunt target with the longest of those trips a little better than 350 miles round trip.

We've met around a dozen forum members in our travels and hope to meet more in the future.

Speedometer Odometer Gauge Automotive lighting Trip computer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts