Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok members. We had a very nice 2021 getaway/get together. Time to plan our next adventure!

Things to suggest:

Routes
Activities

place to stay is the same: A Maggie Valley Hotel – Jonathan Creek Inn – Great Smoky Mountains, NC

Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
(828) 926-1232

Dates: Sunday, Sep 11 (check in 3 pm) - Friday, Sep 16 (check out 11 am) 2022

Phone number for reservations: 1-800-577-7812

10 rooms already reserved (big thanks to Keith and Monica), just mention Yamaha meeting.

Please, promote this in the threads you’re active in. The more visibility throughout the forum the better. We would like to attract as many members as possible! Thank you for being awesome!

Let’s talk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ok members. We had a very nice 2021 getaway/get together. Time to plan our next adventure!

Things to suggest:

Dates
Routes
Activities

I believe place to stay will be the same: Jonathan Creek Inn in Maggie Valley

Let’s talk!

Well @Keith Post and I ALREADY have our reservations in.... we have booked 10 rooms for September 11th thru 16th (Sunday 3pm - Friday 11am). We'll post the cost of the rooms shortly.
We booked our room as soon as we checked out this morning... we are so excited to see our regular attendees as well as new ones... we have games, bike routes, swimming, and relaxation aside a creek to look forward to....

More information to follow....

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well @Keith Post and I ALREADY have our reservations in.... we have booked 10 rooms for September 11th thru 16th (Sunday 3pm - Friday 11am). We'll post the cost of the rooms shortly.
We booked our room as soon as we checked out this morning... we are so excited to see our regular attendees as well as new ones... we have games, bike routes, swimming, and relaxation aside a creek to look forward to....

More information to follow....

Lol, we all set then!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeppers, Yeppers!!!!! We're all set for next year... everyone NEEDS to get their rooms paid for and start making plans to attend....

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don’t forget to promote this in different threads you’re active in. I posted it in “what did you do with your bike today”, but we need to do it regularly for visibility

·
Registered
225 Posts
I plan on being there next year, really hated missing this years rally.

Can't wait to see you there.... by then your wife will be riding her own, right??? I'll be able to see that beautiful blue bike.... LOL

·
Super Moderator
8,441 Posts
I can honestly say that each year that we’ve had this rally, that it continues to get better and better, and so do the attendees. We don’t care what you ride, we care that you attend and enjoy yourselves.
When Oscar and I planned a rally in the beginning, we had no idea we’d make such great friends through all these years.
Alan and Leslie are a great example of this, and they brought us Victor, lol. Bringing Tony and Michelle on board, and Les and Carla just cemented the commitment to making our rally even better. Everyone voted to keep it at Jonathan’s Creek and it seems like a great idea because of the scenic location. I encourage everyone to join us, even if for just a couple of days. It takes a lot of planning, but I think we’re up for it. We want to continue the show and shine, then add a short ride afterwards, then a nice meal to complete the day. We’re planning game nights along the creek, and hopefully we can grill out an evening or two.
There were two other rallies going on, most of them were HD rallies, but the town was full of that V-twin sound, great restaurants and shopping, so don’t be left out in 2022, we’re hoping the border will be open and our favorite Canucks can make it! We’ll be updating as we plan for 2022!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I can honestly say that each year that we’ve had this rally, that it continues to get better and better, and so do the attendees. We don’t care what you ride, we care that you attend and enjoy yourselves.
When Oscar and I planned a rally in the beginning, we had no idea we’d make such great friends through all these years.
Alan and Leslie are a great example of this, and they brought us Victor, lol. Bringing Tony and Michelle on board, and Les and Carla just cemented the commitment to making our rally even better. Everyone voted to keep it at Jonathan’s Creek and it seems like a great idea because of the scenic location. I encourage everyone to join us, even if for just a couple of days. It takes a lot of planning, but I think we’re up for it. We want to continue the show and shine, then add a short ride afterwards, then a nice meal to complete the day. We’re planning game nights along the creek, and hopefully we can grill out an evening or two.
There were two other rallies going on, most of them were HD rallies, but the town was full of that V-twin sound, great restaurants and shopping, so don’t be left out in 2022, we’re hoping the border will be open and our favorite Canucks can make it! We’ll be updating as we plan for 2022!

I want to step out on a limb here and make a suggestion....

How about on the day of the show and shine... we have a local shopping day... looking around and the surrounding towns and then coming back to either a cookout style dinner or we can have delivery and eat out back by the creek.....

What do you think ?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I want to step out on a limb here and make a suggestion....

How about on the day of the show and shine... we have a local shopping day... looking around and the surrounding towns and then coming back to either a cookout style dinner or we can have delivery and eat out back by the creek.....

What do you think ?

Sounds good! Free lurking kind of day. Everyone does what they want. We can still ride in smaller groups too

·
Super Moderator
8,441 Posts
While we were checking out. I asked Alice, main person I dealt with, if they would promote our rally by listing it on their message board as you pull into their entrance, she had to check with management, but was going to try.
We’d like some feedback from our attendees on any improvements y’all think we should make, or add for next year’s rally.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
So I am new here and haven't attended this before but I am intrigued for sure. Where can I get more details on what events take place during this week?
@TheDaveySprocket this is the thread where more information will be posted So Stay tuned for more info and thanks for wanting to be engaged in this event. Hope to see you at this event next year.

·
Registered
00' Roadstar 1600 Chopper
191 Posts
@TheDaveySprocket this is the thread where more information will be posted So Stay tuned for more info and thanks for wanting to be engaged in this event. Hope to see you at this event next year.
@GA Rider Thank you. I am following this post. I mostly get out to campout events, would be a nice change to get out to something different

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I am new here and haven't attended this before but I am intrigued for sure. Where can I get more details on what events take place during this week?
Welcome onboard! We’ve been doing this get together group gatherings since 2018. Pretty much it’s just “let’s get together and have some fun” type of meeting. We mostly plan for different rides and open to any activity suggestions from members. Last year we planned for some zip lines and other things besides just riding, this year we did show and shine contest.

If you have any ideas/suggestions- please, share!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts