Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
We’re getting the same break in 2022 as in this year, as of right now no price increase.
We’re not forgetting our fav texans either.
Word has it that Les and Carla, newly retired, may be joining us along with our texans, Alan and Leslie. We just need our CA members, IOWA members, VA members, etc, to reserve their rooms and join us.
Just remember that if our fav Canadians can make it, we can make it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Gee, I thought we were friends, how quickly you toss us Texans aside...........

JUST KIDDING......LOLOLOLOL Hope we can make it in 2022.
For some reason I forgot that you live in TX.... I thought it was GA you lived in.... I'm sorry.... I can't wait to see you two also!!!! LOL!!! (With everything I have going on right now... my brain is fried)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
For some reason I forgot that you live in TX.... I thought it was GA you lived in.... I'm sorry.... I can't wait to see you two also!!!! LOL!!! (With everything I have going on right now... my brain is fried)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
So Alan when are you moving to GA. It would be awesome…hehehe 👍🤞

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Getting bike upgrades done for the next year

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
13,184 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
More importantly what have you DONE!
I hope it is already put back together?
Did something happen that you have it so stripped down?
That was a shocker to see….

·
13,184 Posts
It’s a Harley. Maybe he was trying to find that vibrating rattle. Oh wait, I’ve got one of those rattles. :pullinghair:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
It’s back together, Rich. The second picture shows the “final product”. I changed the handlebars which required to extend hydraulic lines, that’s why I had to remove heat shields and lose exhaust to get an access to the slave cylinder.

Also, changed front fork cartridges to legend suspension, much improvement from stock. I already had rear shocks upgraded, but front of course required a “bit more” work.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
It’s back together, Rich. The second picture shows the “final product”. I changed the handlebars which required to extend hydraulic lines, that’s why I had to remove heat shields and lose exhaust to get an access to the slave cylinder.

Also, changed front fork cartridges to legend suspension, much improvement from stock. I already had rear shocks upgraded, but front of course required a “bit more” work.

Wow a lot of work. Looks good.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Well howdy folks...yeah the toymaker has crawled out from under his rock...Been enjoying the retirement a little too much...nothing serious...just more skin cancer and had to have a stent put it....but it is all good. Sad thing is that I am selling my vstar....trading the "Red Lady: in on a little bike I found...it is called "a ROADMASTER" by Indian...looks like I can get it this coming week....woohoo!!!! I have always wanted an Indian and I now near the end of my working life can finally buy one. So at this years rally I'll be riding the new one....hopwe this finds EVERYONE healthy and happy...

Cheers

John "Toymaker" Gilham

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Well howdy folks...yeah the toymaker has crawled out from under his rock...Been enjoying the retirement a little too much...nothing serious...just more skin cancer and had to have a stent put it....but it is all good. Sad thing is that I am selling my vstar....trading the "Red Lady: in on a little bike I found...it is called "a ROADMASTER" by Indian...looks like I can get it this coming week....woohoo!!!! I have always wanted an Indian and I now near the end of my working life can finally buy one. So at this years rally I'll be riding the new one....hopwe this finds EVERYONE healthy and happy...

Cheers

John "Toymaker" Gilham
Very Nice…sad to hear the crappy news but happy for the bike news…
Who knows I might be joining you on the Indian switch……

·
13,184 Posts

Cheers

John "Toymaker" Gilham
Great to see you are mending well. Hopefully the worst is behind you. The Indian sounds like a great way to go. Definitely need to post pictures when you get it. I too am fixing to retire in a few months. Don't know if you saw this:

Nothing fancy, but Carla and I are getting out of Houston and will all be paid for. Check the threads out if you get bored.

Reactions: GARider

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·

Cheers

John "Toymaker" Gilham
Glad to hear you’re good, John. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the roadmaster, Polaris makes solid bikes. I was really curious to try out a Challenger, but my local dealer can’t get one for the test ride, they sell before hitting the showroom

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Well, it is done. I traded in my Vstar for this beauty. Her name is Orenda...which mean Magical Power in the Iroquois Language...
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
423 Posts
Great looking bike. If/when my SVTC forces me to change rides the Roadmaster is #1 on my short list right now. I'll have to prep myself for sticker shock if it happens....LOL. Looking forward to hearing of your experiences with the new bike. Congrats.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts