Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine would be my Strat ( god I love that bike) a 1974 Honda CB750 Four and a Zero. I test drove a Zero and was amazed. I'm asking because of YamaMassGirl comment in the jokes thread.

·
Registered
549 Posts
V-Star Classic (Check), BMW R1200RT (Check), Classic pre-1980 Bike (Looking at another BMW now).

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
In the six years since I got my MC license and my 2005 Vstar 650, I have been looking at bikes for sale, and considered getting a vintage sports bike (like a 750/4) or an older goldwing, a touring sports bike like an FJR1300, something to putter around town like an old CB125, and even a Honda Super Cub (just because: "With over 100 million units built as of 2017, that makes the Super Cub the single most popular motorcycle in the world by a significant margin.")

When I finally got my 2000 Royal Star last month i was surprised how much different (better) it is on long rides, how much I enjoy letting those 74 horses loose in 3rd gear. I knew it would be better, but not this much better. Now I wish I had gotten one 4 years ago. I dont think I will be taking my 650 on long rides much anymore - I ride the 650 for commuting and errands, and when I have the afternoon free Ursa rolls out of the garage.

I guess that is the point: riding a motorcycle is one of those things you dont get by talking about it, you have to get on a bike and ride it, ride it enough to get use to it, and then its bringing you joy... or its not.

At this point asking me what bike I would want for my 3rd, would be like asking me who I want to be my next wife. You just dont know until you get there.

I wish there was someplace you could go and borrow a bike for the day or the weekend - it would be fun to ride a sports bike for a few days, or an off-road enduro, a 1950s BMW, or a couple different HDs... but I dont think I would want to buy one.

Thats the problem: once you ride one motorcycle, you want to ride all of them.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I used to have a zx11 gpz that they later named the concourse, sport tourer. I am missing that bike. It was so good on the highways, and now here in florida all there is, is highways.

I do like the 950, but don't like to go more than an hour to 90min solid on the highway at a time, this is mostly due to going 80-90mph at 60-70mph I have no issues, but think this will end up being local bike, as I'm mostly using it now. Back in maryland, it was fine for the highways, there where more turns, and normally didn't go more than 2hours really, but here in fl, it's 2hours to get anywhere.

Picked up a dualsport and using that to ride with my daughter in the forests.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have a XVS650, XL883C and XL1200C in my stable and after I'm finished chopping the 1200, I'll be set... or so I tell myself.

I'll probably then turn to modifying the XVS650 into a reverse trike for winter time riding on slippery roads... easy enough.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
A Roadstar for my daily driver/commuter/day touring bike, and some kind of touring bike that would be comfortable for two on long trips, like a Harley or SVTC (gotta be a v twin). For the third - a four wheel ATV, or if it has to have 2 wheels, some kind of dual sport thumper, like an XR600 or KLR650. I tried a Yamaha XT500 back in the 80s that worked awesome if you didn't break your leg starting it - lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,516 Posts
My dream garage as of today, might change tomorrow. 😀

Venture for the open road and two up riding:

Vmax for testesteron flexing:

Bolt for quick runs around town and the twisties:

·
Registered
549 Posts
V-Star Classic (Check), BMW R1200RT (Check), Classic pre-1980 Bike (Looking at another BMW now).
OK, so it's a 1981 R100RS, but I'm still going to check the third box.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts