Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a video of all the service work that is being done at the 35,000 mile mark!

LHP, is literally beating the **** outta his SVTC...riding it in Winter salt spray...grime...mud...grit...sand...and he hasn't had any valve train issues. I guess, that that does prove that in hundreds built...some are going to come off the factory floor with 'problems'...and 97%,...not. Roll of the dice...
He's ridden through deserts, high mountain passes, who knows...probably has forded a few streams, lol...who knows what this guy does with, -----> and to, his 2018 SVTC...I mean...look at the cosmetic condition of the bike... Bottom line...35,000 reliable miles, on a bike put through **HELL**, and no apparent problems. That is encouraging....

·
Registered
691 Posts
I wish they would have shown the front valve cover off and a little more about the tank removal but I think I now understand the removal of the fuel tank because the service manual is rather lacking in the removal of the fuel tank leaving a lot of speculation but now that I see it off and he pointed out where the fuel tank sets on the front damper as its called in the service manual it does not look to bad.

I do wish he would have said if they had to adjust the valves or if they were within spec and if they were out how much out of spec they were.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I wish they would have shown the front valve cover off and a little more about the tank removal but I think I now understand the removal of the fuel tank because the service manual is rather lacking in the removal of the fuel tank leaving a lot of speculation but now that I see it off and he pointed out where the fuel tank sets on the front damper as its called in the service manual it does not look to bad.

I do wish he would have said if they had to adjust the valves or if they were within spec and if they were out how much out of spec they were.

he said they were a little out of spec at 35k and needed adjusting. Read it on his Facebook post.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here is a video of all the service work that is being done at the 35,000 mile mark!

LHP, is literally beating the **** outta his SVTC...riding it in Winter salt spray...grime...mud...grit...sand...and he hasn't had any valve train issues. I guess, that that does prove that in hundreds built...some are going to come off the factory floor with 'problems'...and 97%,...not. Roll of the dice...
He's ridden through deserts, high mountain passes, who knows...probably has forded a few streams, lol...who knows what this guy does with, -----> and to, his 2018 SVTC...I mean...look at the cosmetic condition of the bike... Bottom line...35,000 reliable miles, on a bike put through **HELL**, and no apparent problems. That is encouraging....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r2ewX_x0NM
Another excellent find by Mr. Excellence!! Thank you Sir!! I am sure as time goes on we will get to see/read more about the ins and outs of what goes into maintaining one of these amazing machines! I tip my hat to Mr. Paul for putting the machine thru it's paces and showing us all how it's done, he is one amazing person!!
On another note, I was reading in the comment section of the video on YouTube where someone who obviously follows the forums here wrote a note to encourage Mr. Paul to assist in the recovery of the recent fallen machine. I know that you (Mr. Excellence) mentioned this in the other thread about GaRider's issues with Star Yamaha and the broken bike and will post it over there as an encouragement to GaRider but thought readers of this thread might find it interesting too. Here is a copy/paste of the response off Mr. Paul's YouTube video I am referring to:

""Very well done Long Haul, THANK YOU!! You are indeed a fortunate person to have had Yamaha give you that brand new SVTC free of charge and now to have access to Yamaha Dealership Service Departments to not only support you and your free ride but to also allow you to actually work on your/their bike inside of a shop - that is AWESOME! Of course you know that any "normal" rider would in no way have access to this type of assistance. As a matter of fact, most - if not all - new owners of the SVTC are not even allowed past the service counters in the very Dealerships where they laid down $30,000 of their own money and this even being the case if they are broke down out of town and trying to get help - you are obviously not in that common set of shoes - congrats!! In that you are also obviously hooked up solid with Yamaha, I wonder if you would be willing to help out a fellow SVTC rider who actually paid hard earned cash for his bike and not as fortunate as yourself? I was reading on one of the forums (StarBikeForums) where a person named "GARIDER", who actually paid out of pocket cash for his SVTC, has blown an engine on his bike with less then 8000 miles on it, as others who have laid out hard earned cash for the SVTC have experienced and just like those similar owners, is having a HORRIBLE time getting help from Yamaha. Maybe check in over there at Starbikeforums and offer to use your obvious pull/connection/status with Yamaha to get him some help? THAT would be AWESOME and highly noteworthy!!""

·
Registered
691 Posts
instead the valve-pair spec something like 0.0015" ?

how do you measure how far out it was?!
With a feeler gauge, if it was out spec what was the clearance i.e. .002? .003? .004?

That would give us an indication how this engine is wearing the valve train.

Maximum clearance per the service manual is .0016 which is pretty much zero tolerance.

The closest feeler gauge I could find only goes down to .0015 which is just under the maximum clearance. Pretty much due to the hydraulic lifter you set the clearance at zero lash and it is said that if you can't get a ..0015 feeler gauge between the valve stem and the rocker arm to call it good and button it back up.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
^ thats good if the valve is loose

but how do you measure the how far out it was if its 0.oo10" or 0.ooo50"

I dont see how they can even spec it to be 1.5 thou max and what? zero min?

maybe it is zero min. If you have two valves on one tappet, if one is touching the other must be either touching or slightly loose

if you tighten that one up till its touching the other one would be loose...

it has one hydraulic lifter per pair, right? Those usually self adjust to zero.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have to question how they measured the valve clearance on the the motorcycle in the video, if he rode it to the dealer that morning there is no way they could properly check the valves, you need to have the engine completely cold to check and adjust the valve clearance.

The engine per the manual has to be cold at room temperature. I know it was done up north and it is cold up there but I have yet to hear a dealer that does not demand the motorcycle be left over night so the engine has not been run before they check the valves.

·
Registered
691 Posts
^ thats good if the valve is loose

but how do you measure the how far out it was if its 0.oo10" or 0.ooo50"

I dont see how they can even spec it to be 1.5 thou max and what? zero min?

maybe it is zero min. If you have two valves on one tappet, if one is touching the other must be either touching or slightly loose

if you tighten that one up till its touching the other one would be loose...

it has one hydraulic lifter per pair, right? Those usually self adjust to zero.
Simple you just loosen the lock nut back off the tappet screw and reset it. If you are opening up the valve covers anyway you might as well just reset the lash at zero anyway.

By backing off the tappet adjustment screw you let the rocker arm touch the top of the non adjustable valve and then you slowly screw in the tappet adjustment screw until it just makes contact with the valve now both valves will be just barely making contact with the rocker arm and the valve lash will effectively be set at zero lash. Now tighten the lock nut on the tappet adjustment screw being careful not to turn the tappet adjustment screw while tightening the lock nut.

The hydraulic lifter should compensate for the rest.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Maybe this will help you as this is right out of the service manual:

The only thing this will be missing are the drawings but they just show the two valves, the rocker arm and the adjustment screw on one of the valves on the rocker arm.

Adjusting the valve clearance, The following procedure applies to all of the valves

TIP
The valve clearance is automatically adjusted by the hydraulic lifter. However, there are times when the valve clearance needs to be adjusted manually. If this is the case, adjust the clearance of the two maladjusted or worn valve using the adjusting screw on the rocker arm.

If clearance is on the slip side "1", (that is the valve without the adjuster screw) loosen the adjusting screw and bring the valve clearance "a" ( that is showing a gap between the valve stem and the rocker arm) within specification. Check if the valve clearance "b" (that is the valve with the adjuster screw) on the adjusting screw "2" side is within specification.

If clearance is on the adjusting screw "2" side ( that is the valve with the adjusting screw), tighten the adjusting screw and bring the valve clearance "b" within specification. ("b" is the valve with the adjustment screw)

When you are done both valves should now be just touching the rocker arm. Don't try to over think this as it is not complicated and is really simple.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Simple ... slowly screw in the tappet adjustment screw until it just makes contact with the valve now both valves will be just barely making contact with the rocker arm and the valve lash will effectively be set at zero lash.

=>>Now tighten the lock nut on the tappet adjustment screw being careful not to turn the tappet adjustment screw while tightening the lock nut. <<=

Ive done valves on cars hundreds of times. Never been able to torque the lock nut without the adjustment screw moving in tighter.

For valves that have a clearance of, say 4 to 6 I would normally screw it in on the 6 gauge, then try to hold the screw with one tool (screw driver or allen wrench) and tighten the nut down with a box wrench.

It almost always goes a bit tighter, and ends up being between 4 and 6. But if you are aiming for zero its near impossible to snug the lock nut down without changing it. If you put a torque wrench on it and cant hold the screw, forget it. no way.

Also I never assume its loose and back off the lock nut. I always check the clearance first, and if its within spec, its good. If for no other reason its good to know if your valves did creep out of spec since the last adjustment.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Another excellent find by Mr. Excellence!! Thank you Sir!! I am sure as time goes on we will get to see/read more about the ins and outs of what goes into maintaining one of these amazing machines! I tip my hat to Mr. Paul for putting the machine thru it's paces and showing us all how it's done, he is one amazing person!!
On another note, I was reading in the comment section of the video on YouTube where someone who obviously follows the forums here wrote a note to encourage Mr. Paul to assist in the recovery of the recent fallen machine. I know that you (Mr. Excellence) mentioned this in the other thread about GaRider's issues with Star Yamaha and the broken bike and will post it over there as an encouragement to GaRider but thought readers of this thread might find it interesting too. Here is a copy/paste of the response off Mr. Paul's YouTube video I am referring to:

""Very well done Long Haul, THANK YOU!! You are indeed a fortunate person to have had Yamaha give you that brand new SVTC free of charge and now to have access to Yamaha Dealership Service Departments to not only support you and your free ride but to also allow you to actually work on your/their bike inside of a shop - that is AWESOME! Of course you know that any "normal" rider would in no way have access to this type of assistance. As a matter of fact, most - if not all - new owners of the SVTC are not even allowed past the service counters in the very Dealerships where they laid down $30,000 of their own money and this even being the case if they are broke down out of town and trying to get help - you are obviously not in that common set of shoes - congrats!! In that you are also obviously hooked up solid with Yamaha, I wonder if you would be willing to help out a fellow SVTC rider who actually paid hard earned cash for his bike and not as fortunate as yourself? I was reading on one of the forums (StarBikeForums) where a person named "GARIDER", who actually paid out of pocket cash for his SVTC, has blown an engine on his bike with less then 8000 miles on it, as others who have laid out hard earned cash for the SVTC have experienced and just like those similar owners, is having a HORRIBLE time getting help from Yamaha. Maybe check in over there at Starbikeforums and offer to use your obvious pull/connection/status with Yamaha to get him some help? THAT would be AWESOME and highly noteworthy!!""
Hi, LoneStar, I've seen that handle, V-Twin Lover on a few of the sites concerning SVTC/Eluders. From past comments, I don't believe this person is actually an owner, at present, I get more, that he/she is lurking on the sites, interested in the model...and just keeping a pulse on what gets posted to the Net. But, from the above, it certainly appears that how Yamaha is interacting, or more to the point, the LACK of customer/manufacturer/dealer interaction, as a pivotal point, as to whether he or she, purchases from Yamaha, or another motorcycle manufacturer. From my viewpoint, it seems that Yamaha doesn't really have a active interest in keeping present owners in the loop, about anything regarding their rides. From the above posting, I get the intense feeling that this poster feels that LHP, because of the great P.R. exposure to their bike, is getting the white-glove treatment, yet, he/she feels, that an actual purchaser of the ride, (Rich) ,can't even get expedited warranty service, on a bike that lays quiet and cold, in a dealer's back shop for two or more weeks. This is probably not sitting well with this poster, as to moving him/her, and motivating him/her to the balance side, of purchasing from Yamaha, et al.

Case in point, Honda ***announced** to the 2018/19 GL1800 owners, that TWO updates should be expected from them, one now, and one coming in the Spring/2019, to address concerns, features, or added features to the on-board Navigation system by Harmon Kardon, (the exact same manufacturer as our SVTC Navigation system...same system...) and yet...nobody that owns a current 2018 Star Venture T.C. , standard model, or an Eluder has a clue, whether there even-----> WILL BE any updates, let alone two of them... Yamaha does not communicate with the public...by even updating to all, on their Navigation UPDATE page on their website.....nothing. We have the same download, as was available since Jan/18. Honda on the other hand, does in fact use their Website to update all customers present, and potential. Can anybody here, state that Yamaha also follows that path? No? I didn't think so...

Not impressed with Yamaha Corporate at all, as a present 2018 SVTC owner...and I certainly (I am in the market to replace my outboard within the next few months...) will be looking at all marine options....with Yamaha not, a leading favorite. No communication....no updates, no notifying of the intent to update. Nothing for me as an owner of their Flag Ship motorcycle. I can only expect the same from a multi-thousand dollar purchase of any Yamaha marine engine! Anyways, LoneStar, it is what it is...and I hope that Rich gets his bike back, sooner than later,..(a good bike on its own merits) and if LHP can beat the **** outta of his bike, and like the watch commercial...takes a lickin'...and keeps on tickin'.....that is encouraging to all we present and true owners. To date, I am not impressed with the manufacturer of my motorcycle. Not at all...not what I expected the interaction would be...for I was use to Honda and Kawasaki...that DO 'keep in touch' with their and should be, ...their most important asset...the buying public...

All through the years...I'd get letters sent to my house from Honda and Kawasaki Corporate...not only hawking new designs...but also letting me know what was coming down the pipe for my current model, and always on the last page, a fill-in questionnaire, as to "how are we doing? How would you rate us..and please fill in and send back so we might improve with your custom feedback". Always got that from Honda and Kawasaki... The only thing I got from Yamaha, was them thanking me for my purchase, and hawking their accessory line, and a Dealer Survey, on my selling dealer in how my buying interaction with them went... That was appreciated...but in fact...do those return survey's even impact? Dunno...dunno....

My wife and I love every aspect of the bike...and are enjoying it immensely. That said...I/we have been fortunate to not have had to date, a serious malfunction on any major or sub-system. Like Rob...I hope that continues....for I bought this bike to be used...extensively used.... So far LoneStar, it has not let us down, once. That speaks loudly as well... Yamaha Corporate public announcements to current brand owners of their motorcycles... and 'head's up....suck beyond belief! Where are all those executives that grabbed the mike(s) on the Lake George SVTC reveal? They don't have computer keyboards, that they can keep current owners in the loop, on what is happening on the SVTC model line front by means of the dedicated SVTC page on the official website? Where are they? Where are they? Maybe they were just paid actors....masquerading as Yamaha Senior Staff just for the event, lol. Hey...who knows?!?!??! Maybe they all got their a**es fired for the debacle that was the launch of this bike... Yamaha hasn't deemed it required to notify me to that effect, ROTFLMAO! ;):nerd:>:) Always maintain a sense of humor...keeps the arthritis at bay...:grin:

Later,

Joe

·
Registered
691 Posts
I think V-Twin Lover is a troll, he has left the same exact message on different Star Venture Videos that are not complementary of the Star Venture, in fact I wonder if V-Twin Lover is a certain well known anti Star Venture first generation owner from a certain pay Yamaha forum who openly admits he won't buy a new motorcycle and when he does buy motorcycles he spends no more than $5,000 dollars for a used one.

In fact I think he copied what you posted in your one year wonder thread and has been spreading that to different online videos of the Star Venture.

V-Twin Lover has left this exact post on three different videos of mine:

V-Twin Lover
Sadly, numerous actual Owners of the 2018 SVTC/Eluder models have been pressing Yamaha concerning the question of why no 2019 models being offered (out of obvious concern). Yamaha has officially responded to those inquiries with letters stating that due to poor sales, no 2019's will be made and the future beyond 19 of the models will remain questionable based on whether or not the left over inventory of 2018's sell during the 2019 riding season. They have also been told that even if the model does go back to production it will be strickly done by a new "Yamaha Pre-Order System" and no bikes will be shipped to fill dealership floor space.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he posted it once ok but he posts word for word on different videos which is why I think he is troll and from the other Yamaha pay forum and you know who I'm talking about.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I think V-Twin Lover is a troll, he has left the same exact message on different Star Venture Videos that are not complementary of the Star Venture, in fact I wonder if V-Twin Lover is a certain well known anti Star Venture first generation owner from a certain pay Yamaha forum who openly admits he won't buy a new motorcycle and when he does buy motorcycles he spends no more than $5,000 dollars for a used one.

In fact I think he copied what you posted in your one year wonder thread and has been spreading that to different online videos of the Star Venture.

V-Twin Lover has left this exact post on three different videos of mine:

V-Twin Lover
Sadly, numerous actual Owners of the 2018 SVTC/Eluder models have been pressing Yamaha concerning the question of why no 2019 models being offered (out of obvious concern). Yamaha has officially responded to those inquiries with letters stating that due to poor sales, no 2019's will be made and the future beyond 19 of the models will remain questionable based on whether or not the left over inventory of 2018's sell during the 2019 riding season. They have also been told that even if the model does go back to production it will be strickly done by a new "Yamaha Pre-Order System" and no bikes will be shipped to fill dealership floor space.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he posted it once ok but he posts word for word on different videos which is why I think he is troll and from the other Yamaha pay forum and you know who I'm talking about.

Yes, Bill, I do...but on the other side of the balance scale, could be a person very much interested in the play-by-play of this ride...and feels public service to let others know that events are going on, or down, that can impact this ride. Just keeping an open mind...but yes..I know who you are thinking about. That person, would rah rah with you on anybody's positive comment post, regarding the 2018 SVTC/Eluder...and then when another took a 180 degree 'shot' at the bike, on their post----> he would be rah-rah'ing on that post as well. I know....I saw many examples of that....

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yes, Bill, I do...but on the other side of the balance scale, could be a person very much interested in the play-by-play of this ride...and feels public service to let others know that events are going on, or down, that can impact this ride. Just keeping an open mind...but yes..I know who you are thinking about. That person, would rah rah with you on anybody's positive comment post, regarding the 2018 SVTC/Eluder...and then when another took a 180 degree 'shot' at the bike, on their post----> he would be rah-rah'ing on that post as well. I know....I saw many examples of that....
Spreading this kind of stuff does nothing to help make the model/brand successful, but instead makes people say thanks but no thanks, we need the bike to be successful or it will be dropped.

That post he is spreading on various sites/videos sure is not going to help the Star Venture.

Your one year wonder thread went viral on the Victory forum and that pretty much steered all those people away from this Star Venture.

Maybe it would have been better to have kept things lower key but I think the damage has been done when your thread spread like wild fire and that seems to have killed interest in this motorcycle on the boards that picked up your thread content.

·
Registered
691 Posts
On another note, the three dealers around me, Punta Gorda, Ft. Myers and Naples none of them have a Star Venture in stock and only the Punta Gorda dealer has any Eluders in stock and that dealer has two GT models and one standard Eluder.

I don't think Barney's in Bradenton, St. Pete and BrookesVille has any either as if you pull up their dealer pages they show one Star Venture and one Eluder but it looks like it is more from the Yamaha page as all three of their dealers are showing the exact same page with the exact same two bikes. So I don't believe they really have any in stock.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Spreading this kind of stuff does nothing to help make the model/brand successful, but instead makes people say thanks but no thanks, we need the bike to be successful or it will be dropped.

That post he is spreading on various sites/videos sure is not going to help the Star Venture.

Your one year wonder thread went viral on the Victory forum and that pretty much steered all those people away from this Star Venture.

Maybe it would have been better to have kept things lower key but I think the damage has been done when your thread spread like wild fire and that seems to have killed interest in this motorcycle on the boards that picked up your thread content.

It also, could incite Yamaha to get with it...and negate negative criticism with positive, publicly viewable action. Have you seen any direct positive advertising or any other form of corporate action, or post involvement by any under the corporate banner to off-set forum activity??? To offset lack lustre sales? I haven't either...but hope to.

Commentary has to be ebb and flow Bill on the positive/negative balance line. Rah, Rah postings, where none truly are earned for Yamaha and their SVTC...would be seriously just that...SVTC Fan Person Postings, and that also gets dismissed in quick order.

I am a man of integrity, Bill...and I post what I think...and feel...whether that be a positive comment to an event...or be it negative in its critique. That I feel, makes me honest, and what I post, honest content as well.

I don't think there is a person out there, that doesn't read into my comments how my wife and I view our 2018 SVTC, in any way other than spectacular performance, creature comfort, and 100 percent meeting the mandate for a large luxury Grand Tour Motorcycle platform. My issues, is with Yamaha's lack of update performance, lack of communication to current owners...but not the bike itself. Updates to the Navigation System, is what we are looking for...what we need, and fully expect in performance from Yamaha...and not 3 months from now...but within the coming weeks. This Navigation update is months already late, if one of their major competitors performance in that matter, be the water mark...

Joe

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
On another note, the three dealers around me, Punta Gorda, Ft. Myers and Naples none of them have a Star Venture in stock and only the Punta Gorda dealer has any Eluders in stock and that dealer has two GT models and one standard Eluder.

I don't think Barney's in Bradenton, St. Pete and BrookesVille has any either as if you pull up their dealer pages they show one Star Venture and one Eluder but it looks like it is more from the Yamaha page as all three of their dealers are showing the exact same page with the exact same two bikes. So I don't believe they really have any in stock.

Dealers up here, (quite a few) are already showing the FJR-Blue 2020 SVTC on their stock lists. What is interesting...is some are posting the MRSP, but some are inciting you to call, with 'Please Call for Price'. But...they are there...

I would have produced (to help sales ramp up) the model in THREE choices of colors for the 2020 model year--->...new ones, for as we all know...one might not even pick up a fabulous bike ONLY...because they are turned off by the color choice. Bill...ONE COLOR, other than last year's Grey? Gawd Yamaha...who is marketing this bike?!? Give the consumer a tirade in selection at least...

Point in case...I'm not actually fond of Blue (personal observance) ...didn't like it on the FJR...and I am persnickety on my vehicle colors. That..might certainly not have me walk into the dealership. I would have taken my cues from what the most popular colors are in the automotive world..and what was one of the most popular colors of the Honda GoldWing....and that was (drum roll)....White...there are so many white colored cars, trucks and vans, out there for a reason. Every model year...a reason! There are so many white Honda GL1800's out there for a reason...but what does Yamaha pick? FJR-Blue (not a horrible color, but even on GoldWings was not popular at all).... Man...Yamaha, please...pay me what your Marketing Department Head gets paid...and let me take a one year turn-around whack at the job.... Yes...I am interested.. Yes...I have varied ideas to light a fire under this great bike.... Contact me, if interested...in PM! "But yes...I'm not holding my breath....on a prompt reply...for I might just turn FJR-Blue in the face...LOLOLOLOL".... Oh well...all said and good....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi, LoneStar, I've seen that handle, V-Twin Lover on a few of the sites concerning SVTC/Eluders. From past comments, I don't believe this person is actually an owner, at present, I get more, that he/she is lurking on the sites, interested in the model...and just keeping a pulse on what gets posted to the Net. But, from the above, it certainly appears that how Yamaha is interacting, or more to the point, the LACK of customer/manufacturer/dealer interaction, as a pivotal point, as to whether he or she, purchases from Yamaha, or another motorcycle manufacturer. From my viewpoint, it seems that Yamaha doesn't really have a active interest in keeping present owners in the loop, about anything regarding their rides. From the above posting, I get the intense feeling that this poster feels that LHP, because of the great P.R. exposure to their bike, is getting the white-glove treatment, yet, he/she feels, that an actual purchaser of the ride, (Rich) ,can't even get expedited warranty service, on a bike that lays quiet and cold, in a dealer's back shop for two or more weeks. This is probably not sitting well with this poster, as to moving him/her, and motivating him/her to the balance side, of purchasing from Yamaha, et al.

Case in point, Honda ***announced** to the 2018/19 GL1800 owners, that TWO updates should be expected from them, one now, and one coming in the Spring/2019, to address concerns, features, or added features to the on-board Navigation system by Harmon Kardon, (the exact same manufacturer as our SVTC Navigation system...same system...) and yet...nobody that owns a current 2018 Star Venture T.C. , standard model, or an Eluder has a clue, whether there even-----> WILL BE any updates, let alone two of them... Yamaha does not communicate with the public...by even updating to all, on their Navigation UPDATE page on their website.....nothing. We have the same download, as was available since Jan/18. Honda on the other hand, does in fact use their Website to update all customers present, and potential. Can anybody here, state that Yamaha also follows that path? No? I didn't think so...

Not impressed with Yamaha Corporate at all, as a present 2018 SVTC owner...and I certainly (I am in the market to replace my outboard within the next few months...) will be looking at all marine options....with Yamaha not, a leading favorite. No communication....no updates, no notifying of the intent to update. Nothing for me as an owner of their Flag Ship motorcycle. I can only expect the same from a multi-thousand dollar purchase of any Yamaha marine engine! Anyways, LoneStar, it is what it is...and I hope that Rich gets his bike back, sooner than later,..(a good bike on its own merits) and if LHP can beat the **** outta of his bike, and like the watch commercial...takes a lickin'...and keeps on tickin'.....that is encouraging to all we present and true owners. To date, I am not impressed with the manufacturer of my motorcycle. Not at all...not what I expected the interaction would be...for I was use to Honda and Kawasaki...that DO 'keep in touch' with their and should be, ...their most important asset...the buying public...

All through the years...I'd get letters sent to my house from Honda and Kawasaki Corporate...not only hawking new designs...but also letting me know what was coming down the pipe for my current model, and always on the last page, a fill-in questionnaire, as to "how are we doing? How would you rate us..and please fill in and send back so we might improve with your custom feedback". Always got that from Honda and Kawasaki... The only thing I got from Yamaha, was them thanking me for my purchase, and hawking their accessory line, and a Dealer Survey, on my selling dealer in how my buying interaction with them went... That was appreciated...but in fact...do those return survey's even impact? Dunno...dunno....

My wife and I love every aspect of the bike...and are enjoying it immensely. That said...I/we have been fortunate to not have had to date, a serious malfunction on any major or sub-system. Like Rob...I hope that continues....for I bought this bike to be used...extensively used.... So far LoneStar, it has not let us down, once. That speaks loudly as well... Yamaha Corporate public announcements to current brand owners of their motorcycles... and 'head's up....suck beyond belief! Where are all those executives that grabbed the mike(s) on the Lake George SVTC reveal? They don't have computer keyboards, that they can keep current owners in the loop, on what is happening on the SVTC model line front by means of the dedicated SVTC page on the official website? Where are they? Where are they? Maybe they were just paid actors....masquerading as Yamaha Senior Staff just for the event, lol. Hey...who knows?!?!??! Maybe they all got their a**es fired for the debacle that was the launch of this bike... Yamaha hasn't deemed it required to notify me to that effect, ROTFLMAO! ;):nerd:>:) Always maintain a sense of humor...keeps the arthritis at bay...:grin:

Later,

Joe
TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH SIR!!:wink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts