1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hard to imagine sales are falling and the motorcycle industry is in a slump as the article states. Everyday the sun shines around here you see more and more bikes on the road. If I had to guess I would have said sales have been at an all time high for the past several years.
Oh well, shows what I know!

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
I gotta agree with you Summer, I see more and more bikes on the road as the weather gets better and assumed sales were up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
Bikes on the road don't indicate a weak or strong industry, they indicate just that, bikes on the road. The cruiser segment of the motorcycle industry has been in a significant slump the past several years. Harley has had down years, Victory is gone (yes more reasons for that) Yamaha ended Star Motorcycles and dwindled the cruiser offering to 5 models. Kawasaki, and Suzuki, and Honda have pulled back on cruiser models they offer.

Reasons for the reduction in the cruiser market are economics, and the rise of the multipurpose sport touring bikes that are more popular with the younger generation of riders.

·
Registered
317 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts