Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got new risers.
I was reading the 4 inch baron risers fitted with stock cables.
But no :-/ So old risers back on place..for now.
Does anyone know a good cable-set to buy?
Like in a whole package?
maybe someone else here mounted 4 inch risers from Baron, and got some good tip for me?

Bike:
Vstar 1100 classic 2005mod

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Baron 4"x1.5" risers on my 1100 classic and used my stock setup by moving them behind the tree.
hm. I was thinking of that, but still i could not see it fit. In my mind there is.
Does the cabled "flap" a lot in the wind , and how does it look?
You have a picture of that setup?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Not a thing flapping, looks about the same over or under. I removed my choke from the switch box to the carburetor/cover and re-alined the brake line also moved the brake lever and all up the handle bars about 1/8". All thing good for about 5 years or more. Post a pic latter.

·
Registered
458 Posts
They were on my 1100 when I bought all stock cables. The previous owner re-routed it out the back side instead of the front though. I hated those things and when I got them off I was even more pissed... The rusted the chrome on the top of the tree and a nice rectangular shape underneath...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They were on my 1100 when I bought all stock cables. The previous owner re-routed it out the back side instead of the front though. I hated those things and when I got them off I was even more pissed... The rusted the chrome on the top of the tree and a nice rectangular shape underneath...
Cant say i had any problem with chrome from baron before.
And the risers i have laying here are round at the bottom.

I found this:
http://www.vstar1100.com/pro_1_tips.htm
It is pro 1 risers, but i'll guess the same thing goes for this from baron?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seems to be ok :) But to be sure, and to not have the cables touch the tank when i turn to the right, i will order longer cables :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts