Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,458 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
It's a brisk sunny morning. You got the bike all warmed up. Helmet's on. Gloves on. Rolling the bike out of the garage.
DAMN IT!
I forgot to zip my jacket up. You know because I left it unzipped while in the house to not sweat too badly.
Gloves off. Zip up. Gloves on. Start moving down the driveway.
DAMN IT!
I left the sunglasses hanging on the cup holder. Stop. Put the kickstand down. Kill the engine.
DAMN IT! DAMN IT! DAMN IT!
Pull gloves off. Put sunglasses on. Gloves back on. Kick stand up. Start bike. Begin ride.

Start smiling.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
It's a brisk sunny morning. You got the bike all warmed up. Helmet's on. Gloves on. Rolling the bike out of the garage.
DAMN IT!
I forgot to zip my jacket up. You know because I left it unzipped while in the house to not sweat too badly.
Gloves off. Zip up. Gloves on. Start moving down the driveway.
DAMN IT!
I left the sunglasses hanging on the cup holder. Stop. Put the kickstand down. Kill the engine.
DAMN IT! DAMN IT! DAMN IT!
Pull gloves off. Put sunglasses on. Gloves back on. Kick stand up. Start bike. Begin ride.

Start smiling.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
been there... i frequently have to stop during a ride because I forget to secure the helmet D rings. Duh!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
This ritual is carved in stone for me .
Being a type 1 diabetic, it is imperative for me to be aware of my glucose levels.
I always carry sugar tablets (sweetarts) easily accessible in my front pocket, in case sugar levels drop.
Many factors can cause this including stress , cold , fatigue ect.
I always double and triple check my candy stock on hand. And test sugar levels before riding.
Ya, gloves on with the key in your pocket is annoying, but ya gotta keep things in perspective.

·
2,503 Posts
Oh yeah, it's a minor thing but something I seem to do more often than I like to admit.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My helmet fits tight so no way its coming off, even when I forget to tighten the strap.

My problem is my glasses. Can't get my helmet on without taking my glasses off. I sit my glasses on the seat. Put my helmet on, zip up the coat , put on my gloves and take off.
You betcha, left my glasses on the saddle bag or rear seat more times than I want to admit.

Once I was 8 - 10 miles down the road from the busy restaurant I stopped at for lunch before I realized things were looking a bit fuzzy. Backtracked on a very busy four lane to the restaurant not expecting to see them and there they were. Don't know how many times they were stepped on or run over. I was blown away when there wasn't even a scratch on the glass. The frames were bent pretty bad. Fortunately they were titanium, so I immediately headed to Wally World and the girls there performed magic and fixed them as good as new.

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
wait till people start riding electric bikes

and get 200 feet down the street till they discover... the bike was still plugged in the wall....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts