Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we (wife) and I just made it home after a 5 state Poker Run.
Held by Iron Thunder MC of Guymon Oklahoma. 300+ miles TX,OK,NM,CO and KS. With a 15-35 mile hour wind all the way, HI 50's too low 60's not cold but close to it. From 800-900 bikes this year?:rolleyes: a little off from last yr. We did 1050 mi in 3 days and windy all the way :mad: My Wife"s 650 stayed right with the HD"s, the Honda's, the Road star's 60/70 at times. Man it is good to be home.:D

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
sounds good

Glad to hear you had a good run. I would not expect the wife's 650 to have any trouble as long as the group rides reasonable. Cold here so staying home. Was it a large group and if so how was riding with a large group? I have mixed feelings about that.

Dave

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Large Groups

There were 14 bikes that went together on the ride to and from Guymon and on the poker run. There are pros and cons of riding with a large group. We like the fellowship, increased safety and assistance from others in the group if needed when riding together. Cons are not being able to stop maybe as often or when we you want to. Like points of interest or personal preferences. So we have decided we want do some one days with the group but then also do our own thing for overnight trips.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Group long runs

Dan, sounds like you got everything in and tractors coolin off? Looks like you had a fun time. The group thing, I think there can be too many, causes problems when to stop, eating ect. Too many at a food place takes some fun out for me, and trying to get a place to stay with a large number seems to make it harder for everyone. I like runnin 2 and no more than 4, on overnight runs that has worked for me well. Guess the Silverado performed great.(no doubt:) )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts