Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Guys,

The 650 classic finally passed the 50000 mile (80000 km) mark after 3 and a half years - only problem was a stator replacement and now just started on the fifth set of Dunlop tires - here's a pic of the odometer

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,004 Posts
You should join or monthly mileage challenge. 50k in 42 months is averaging almost 1200 miles a month. You would definitely be one of the higher ridden miles each month.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Impressive, particularly considering your location, the riding season can't be that long north of the 45th parallel or thereabouts.
I've ridden every month since 1Nov, 2016 with the exception of Jan and Feb 2018 when I had carpal surgery on my left hand - as long as the temps is above freezing by a couple of degrees and the roads are clear the I ride Even if its only a half hour at a time.

I never considered that I'm a high mileage rider - longest ride has been 200 miles - 350 km - but I do a lot of 100 mile trips almost daily getting my daily coffee - all those little trips add up - and with covid there's very little yakking with others so its mostly riding solo and that somehow fits into this old guys lifestyle - finally living the dream and I plan on doing this til I reach 100 and then start skydiving

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,101 Posts
@bfrench the cool thing is, you don't have to wait till you are 100 to start skydiving...

Reactions: Keith Post
1 - 9 of 9 Posts