Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

50000 mile mark

907 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Boog 
#1 ·
Hi, Guys,

The 650 classic finally passed the 50000 mile (80000 km) mark after 3 and a half years - only problem was a stator replacement and now just started on the fifth set of Dunlop tires - here's a pic of the odometer

See less See more
#3 ·
You should join or monthly mileage challenge. 50k in 42 months is averaging almost 1200 miles a month. You would definitely be one of the higher ridden miles each month.

#6 ·
I've ridden every month since 1Nov, 2016 with the exception of Jan and Feb 2018 when I had carpal surgery on my left hand - as long as the temps is above freezing by a couple of degrees and the roads are clear the I ride Even if its only a half hour at a time.

I never considered that I'm a high mileage rider - longest ride has been 200 miles - 350 km - but I do a lot of 100 mile trips almost daily getting my daily coffee - all those little trips add up - and with covid there's very little yakking with others so its mostly riding solo and that somehow fits into this old guys lifestyle - finally living the dream and I plan on doing this til I reach 100 and then start skydiving

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.