Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Mike here just digging into the forum trying to figure it out. I started my journey through the HOG Eagle Riders program having never been on a motorcycle before. Inherited a KLR650 as my first bike. First time out, after passing my class and getting my M1 endorsement, was on Ortega Hwy 74 in Southern California. Probably wasn't the smartest but I knew it was going to be my daily commute so I said "what the hell!" Upgraded to my daily commuter my Vstar 1300. Bought the bike with less than 3k miles and have put around 36k more behind me on this bike. On here to learn more about it's quirks and some tips to keep her maintained myself. I do not consider myself a mechanic but I handle the oil changes and basic maintenance myself. Looking to learn more!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome Puncrawq, from southwestern PA. Nice ride, and great pic! That's quite a handle ya got there. And hard to pronounce. And must be one helluva a daily commute for all that gear. Just kidding. Good ta have ya aboard. There are a few other 1300 owners here so I'm sure you'll get all the info yer lookin for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@sonysnek Thanks! No the gear is not for my daily commute haha. Was out camping in Big Bear Lake, Ca. This was headed down in a rain storm on HWY 18. Wasn't planning on stopping but when the rain stopped this view was great! Had to stop and get a shot. Though it didn't come out as great as it was in person! Puncrawq (punk rock) been my online handle since 1993 when I was a youngster.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey Mike welcome! Nice looking Star...sure it is great on those highways in Ca., especially for daily commutes. Also glad you included a pic, too. Will find lots of information regarding your ride here. Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
I had to google a photo of a KLR650 to see why riding on the highway on your first day with your license was a bad idea.

The instructor in my MSF class said dual purpose street/dirt bikes are the worse of both worlds...

Nice looking ride you have now. Ive had my MC license for 4 years this spring, 20k miles on my VS650.

·
Super Moderator
4,621 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Ride often and safe.

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Hi Mike from a native SoCal boy. Great intro and you included a pic, nice looking ride. I ride the 950 tourer, the little brother to the 1300. We're glad you joined us and ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts