Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my 06 V Star 650 for a little, and I want to put some ape hangers on it. I'm thinking a simple 12" would be great. I just don't know any companies or if I will need anything else to go with them. Modifying bikes is all new to me, if it was a car I would have no issues. Haha. Any and all info will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok awesome. Thanks. I actually saw some 10 inch ones last night which might be even better for me. That or just a set of risers I'm not sure. Basically the stock reach isn't really comfortable for how I like to ride.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would like to jump in on this discussion, I would love to have different bars, what do you have to do as far as controls are concerned? Are the cables, lines, wires going to reach the new bars? Say Lil apes or something a bit higher than stock? Thx!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm about to put new bars on mine. I got Double T Drag bars from Wild One Chubbies. I ordered some direct from china grips real cheap. I'm not sure if the left stock grip on the V Star 650 is really meant to be taken off and re-used.

I think the key to having really cool handlebars is running the wires for the switch housing through the handlebars. Makes it so much cleaner. You have to cut and then solder the wires back together so a lot of people don't do it.

A lot of handlebars come with holes pre-drilled to run the wires through.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ok awesome. Thanks. I actually saw some 10 inch ones last night which might be even better for me. That or just a set of risers I'm not sure. Basically the stock reach isn't really comfortable for how I like to ride.
Barbacks made mine fit me well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts