Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove the carbs. I'm hung up on the hose that goes from the middle of the carbs to a port mounted on the engine. The hose won't come off the port. I can remove the two ports, but the piece doesn't fit through the slit in the heat shield.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well, i could never get it off, but I worked around it. I have a 2013 model and drain hose for the carb is not held on the metal port by any clamps, so I'm guessing they glued it in place. The port is held onto the engine by two screws. So when I removed the carbs I had to take the heat shield, the hose and the metal piece the hose is attached to with it.

Tried to re-jet with the carbs on the bike. On the float bowl side I got the first seven screws out easy by putting the JIS screwdriver that comes with the bike into a power drill. However, the 8th screw (lower right side of the right carb) is blocked by the engine. I had to go at a slight angle and it stripped.

I had already ordered a set of stainless steel socket screws from zivgreggory.com. They all fit great. If I have to re-open anything it will be easy to do it on the bike now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts