Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There!

Have a 2000 XVS1100 Classic I just bought. Previous owner laid it down and the pipes are rusting.

I know the headers from other bikes will not work, but what about the mufflers? Can I use the stock 650 or Roadstar muffler attached to my exhaust headers?

Not looking to spend a lot of $$$ (limited budget) and there are lots of 650 pipes for sale cheap in my area.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
2,000 Posts
Hello Steve and welcome from Virginia. The can should work as long as the slip on diameter mates with your header.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Like Boog said. As long as the diameter of the pipe match, they should works.
The question is, are the baffles similar so there would not no jet correction or FI computer change.

Ride smart! Ride often!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,891 Posts
And if the diameter is the same you might need to fabricate new brackets for them.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,498 Posts
I don't think you can install 650 mufflers on an 1100. For one thing, the cross-over on the 1100 is between the 2 mufflers. It is between the headers on the 650. I can't say about a RS, but it would shock me if they swapped over. Check the illustrations on one of the Yamaha part sellers sites before you spend your money.

Reactions: Boog
1 - 9 of 9 Posts