Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I read in a post somewhere that you could use a stator pickup coil assembly from a bigger bike in a 650 for more output. I need to replace my pickup coil and thought I would upgrade from stock if I could. The bike is a 2007 VStar 650 Custom Midnight if that makes a difference.
Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That must have been what I read. I guess I'm going to replace it with stock part. It looks like riding is done till spring for me. I really wasn't wanting to put all this money in this bike I was hoping yo sell/trade it off this spring for a bigger bike.
Thanks for the input

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi StarDriver242,

I posted previously but removed my response for not noticing that you seem to grok that a stator & rectifier go together per the subject of your thread. Mayhap I wasn't caffeinated enough yet to be offering tips in that moment.

With more than one cup of joe in me presently I'll share...

The part of the deleted post that I feel good sharing again is that you can update to an aftermarket corresponding stator & rectifier similar to the set I purchased from Electrosport. The Electrosport stator & rectifiers are rated at a higher output than OEM and I love mine for the switch out having fixed my electrical issue with no downside that I am aware.

My Lucy is an '04 650 Classic.

ElectroSport - Motorcycle, Dirt Bike and ATV - OEM Quality Stators, Regulator/rectifiers and CDIs

Hope you find this helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts