Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone definitively explain the differences between the Raider models?
I can't seem to identify exactly which of these bikes I have - even by the Title.

RAIDER (XV19CZCR) CA
RAIDER (XV19CZCS) CA
RAIDER (XV19CZR)
RAIDER (XV19CZS)
RAIDER S (XV19CSZB)
RAIDER S (XV19CSZCB) CA
RAIDER S (XV19CSZCL) CA
RAIDER S (XV19CSZL)

·
Super Moderator
13,043 Posts
looks like differences between paint colors.

obviously the "CA" versions are those with California regulations catalytic converters.
when i googled RAIDER (XV19CZR) and RAIDER (XV19CZS) separately, the first result from nadaguides shows a result for a RED raider while the second shows a result for a SILVER raider. so i'm guessing the "R" and "S" found at the end of each denotes its red versus silver color scheme. as for the difference between the "raider" and "raider S", using Yamaha's side-by-side specs looks like the only difference between the 2 is also the color schemes. i compared the 2010 Raider with the 2010 Raider S and the "S" model shows raven and blue versions while the non "S" shows red and silver versions.
the "L" seems to denote the blue paint scheme while "B" denotes the black/raven model.

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/cruiser/models/2017/raider/compare/?compId=56bd7e209020091d7ca07a0f

·
Registered
120 Posts
Along with the color scheme difference between the S and base is tons of chrome trim.....so much extra polishing.
The bullet cowl is the funny looking (to me) headlight that looks almost like part of a batwing fairing.
The SCL model...now that one I haven't been able to figure out

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got the S. Love the chrome. The reason I asked is when looking for parts all those models come up. It's not a CA model so I guess they're all the same aside from styling.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Along with the color scheme difference between the S and base is tons of chrome trim.....so much extra polishing.
The bullet cowl is the funny looking (to me) headlight that looks almost like part of a batwing fairing.
The SCL model...now that one I haven't been able to figure out
I love the look of the bullet cowel on mine, but it directed the air from my chest right at my helmet causing some bad buffeting at 70+. I took it off and have been riding it naked for awhile. I have a full fairing at the paint shop and hope it will be done today so I can put it on for bike night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts