1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
782 Posts
I was at the dealer this morning and they Said yamaha was Going to announce a new bike around 11 am.
That is a Nice looking ride. The Dealer had a Blacked out Raider and that was very nice looking.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's pretty much what i was expecting. similar to the Harley Sportster. but a helluva lot cooler.

Yeah, definitely a solid move by Yamaha in my opinion. They should've gotten it out probably a year or 2 sooner in my opinion though.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The color is a stock color everything else like the brass accessories and springer seat are factory accessories.

·
Registered
810 Posts
similar to the Harley Sportster. but a helluva lot cooler.
MUCH cooler! I love the "less is more" thing. The only thing I can see is it may be cramped for us people who are over 6' tall, and the passengers look cramped, but then agian, they don't advertise it as a distance cruiser either. But it looks like a blast for short trips around town!!

I wonder if I can talk my wife into a "spare" bike???? Me thinks not.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Ooooohhhh pretty.... do I need a second bike? No. Do I want another bike? YES!!! Can I con hubby into letting me get another bike? Not until we replace his rust-bucket car. *sigh*

·
Registered
317 Posts
The New 950 Bolt & Bolt R-Spec

Daytona was the new unveil of the New Bobber style Yamaha 950 Bolt & Bolt R-Spec and the new Harley Breakout, both showed their new mid year models. Looking at both models of Yamaha the Bolt & Bolt R-Spec, I was not impressed with their choice of engine, I'd of though since Harley came out with it's standard 103, Yamaha might like to put one of it's beast motors in it like the 116 or at least a 1300cc. First looks the Yamaha Bobber looks little, but the price is right starting at 7K plus depending on what style you get, where is as Harley has it's normal sticker price of OMG.
The new Bolt looks like it will fit well in city riding with a weight of 540 wet. I'd like to ride one to see how it feels and check out all the accessories they have for this bike. The Yamaha site has been off and on or non operational all day, maybe because it is getting so many hits, but on the Harley behalf their new Breakout looks like it could be a winner if your into low Beefy machines. I must say Yamaha broke into Harley's house for the old school Bobber look though!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
If it starts at 7k then its not too bad, but if its at 8k then its a bit much, 2013 883 hd is 8k starting price... would be cool if you could get bigger motors like you can in sportsters

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have to say as a 950 rider that I think it was a good engine choice for the size bike. The 950's got plenty of pep!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Hi Steve, Agree the 950 has pep, I owned one also, but if they gave an option say for a 1100 through 1900 that would be great:D For around city/town 950 is a great size, but on the open freeway I'll take my 1900 Strat. just my opinion if they are going to stay on another companies heels an engine choice is already offered by them on several models.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The article stated:

The new pretender even bests the 883 Iron by nine dollars boasting an MSRP of $7990 vs. the Iron’s $7999 price tag.

Not sure what Yamaha has done to differentiate and attract market share here? If it is only marginally better, I would think a lot of people will go Harley at the same price point.

·
Administrator
13,707 Posts
Not sure what Yamaha has done to differentiate and attract market share here? If it is only marginally better, I would think a lot of people will go Harley at the same price point.
even though they look similar, nearly everything about them is different. first thing is obviously the different motor, 942cc's on the bolt versus 883cc's on the sportster. and their exhausts are completely different. here's a comparison of some of their main specs:

Bolt:
Dimensions
Length 90.2 in
Width 37.2 in
Height 44.1 in
Seat Height 27.2 in
Wheelbase 61.8 in
Ground Clearance 5.1 in
Tires Front 100/90-19M/C 57H
Tires Rear 150/80-16M/C 71H
Fuel Capacity 3.2 gal
Fuel Economy** TBA
Wet Weight*** 540 lb
Compression Ratio 9.0:1
Final Drive Belt

Sportster:
DIMENSIONS
Length 85.8 in.
Seat Height, Laden 25.7 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 26.9 in.
Ground Clearance 3.9 in.
Wheelbase 59.8 in.
Tires, Front Specification 100/90B19 57H
Tires, Rear Specification 150/80B16 77H
Fuel Capacity 3.3 gal.
Weight, As Shipped 553.3 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 573.2 lb.
Compression Ratio 8.9:1
Primary Drive Chain, 57/34 ratio

Chevy and Ford make similar trucks, but that doesn't mean one has a monopoly over the other. there aren't many of these types of bikes being offered from bike manufacturers so there should be plenty of room in the pond for both of these models to compete against each other.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It will be interesting to see if Yamaha can hold that price, or if they will be discounting these significantly in order to move them.

I guess I am spoiled. I expect them to sell a better bike AND at a much better price! :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
That price is MSRP, is that actually what new motorcycles sell for MSRP? The last new bike I bought was in 1985, a leftover '84 Kawasaki GPZ1100. Paid $3600 out the door at Manhattan Kawasaki. My things have changed! Wish I still had it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts