Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of adding a fairing to my 950 but I don't wanna just buy one from a store or site. Can't afford it anyways. Has anyone heard of any from other models/makers that will adapt etc? Nothing fancy. Just to block the wind and stuff.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well , I've read a bunch here and decided to go with the Memphis Shades fairing and 12-inch windshield part, because I think it'll work and looks cool too than a regular windshield. It should arrive in a few weeks and I'll let you know if it works better than my stock 950 T windshield. Got the part numbers from Memphis shades site and bought all parts on Amazon (fairing, brackets and shield). Yeah, I paid 500 smackers, but hopefully it works for me. If the buffeting continues, folks on the forum say to get lowers, so I'll go that route.

--KNic Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
2012 V-Star 950T

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't wanna drop that kind of money. I'd like a bullet fairing really.....I'd like to find a used one from another model/make for cheap and adapt it. Pics when you're done.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've got one for you

Boob,

I've got a small windshield and mounting brackets I'd sell to you cheap. I put on the batwing fairing after going through a small and medium sized windshield. Let me know how much you want to spend and we can make a deal. I don't live too far from you here in Oklahoma shipping would be minimal. You would still need the hardware to mount the windshield to the brackets but this would get you 2/3 of the way there.

I'll post some pics so you can take a look. Everything is in perfect condition.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boob,

I've got a small windshield and mounting brackets I'd sell to you cheap. I put on the batwing fairing after going through a small and medium sized windshield. Let me know how much you want to spend and we can make a deal. I don't live too far from you here in Oklahoma shipping would be minimal. You would still need the hardware to mount the windshield to the brackets but this would get you 2/3 of the way there.

I appreciate the offer but I don't want a windshield. I don't like the look at all. I like a fairing just enough. I'll figure out what I want to do or I'll just save the money this season and buy a fairing next year.....I'm gonna watch fleabay, Greg's list, and swap meets and see what I come up with.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for letting me know

Thanks for letting me know. I love the batwing fairing and definitely recommend it. I changed the mounting screws to stainless steel over the plastic one's provided but other than that, no complaints.

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Boob, if you run across a decent batwing for our 950's, please let me know. I've seen just a couple and like the look over the windshield. Dont need the one for the radio, etc. Just a clean look is all I'm going for, thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Boob, if you run across a decent batwing for our 950's, please let me know. I've seen just a couple and like the look over the windshield. Dont need the one for the radio, etc. Just a clean look is all I'm going for, thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I believe that's what stose is talking about. I can't afford one bit would like one too.....I'm hoping to find a used one or similar kind somewhere that I can adapt.....I'll keep u posted.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The place I got my fairing has them but your probably looking around 900 bucks but that's complete with radio etc. Check out ebay, Ive seen fiberglass fairings on there for around 200 unfinished and no radio or speakers. Most of these bat wings will fit anything with the right mounting.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Well , I've read a bunch here and decided to go with the Memphis Shades fairing and 12-inch windshield part, because I think it'll work and looks cool too than a regular windshield. It should arrive in a few weeks and I'll let you know if it works better than my stock 950 T windshield. Got the part numbers from Memphis shades site and bought all parts on Amazon (fairing, brackets and shield). Yeah, I paid 500 smackers, but hopefully it works for me. If the buffeting continues, folks on the forum say to get lowers, so I'll go that route.

--KNic Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
2012 V-Star 950T
How did this work out for you?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Boob,

What brand and model is the windshield?

·
Registered
46 Posts
How did this work out for you?

Hunts, I've been out of town while my parts have been arriving at my house. I get back this week and will hopefully have the time to mount the fairing. Then I'll post back at ya with before and after pics! I'm pretty excited, for performance and looks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hunts and team: I posted this in another fairing post, but wanted to hit you up too:
I hit a snag in installing the fairing: got the bolts off & put the new brackets on. However, I couldn't snap the fairing on all the way (have the trigger lock mounts). I tried adjusting fairing height & lock bolts on the side, & moved brake lever bracket over since all that seemed to get in the way as possibly the problem. I pushed & leaned on it; none of which seemed like I should have to do that to get it on. Nothing helped, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something? Any tips out there who've put this sucker on your Yam950T? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts