Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come across a site or other that sells full fairings for the 950 at a decent price? I've been told about a few guys that sell universal fairings at the local motorcycle swapmeet for $400. But I've also been advised that they're a hassle should the fairing not actually be as promised. I'd like to check all of my options prior to purchasing anything.

Thanks for all your help! Ride safe. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey, exactly the information I'm looking for as well. The only thing I've seen doing a quick search is the bat wing fairing by Memphis Shades. I'm not sold on the look though and wanted to see if other vendors had anything else.

I've also noticed little response to this question on these forums.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have seen a couple on Ebay. They seem to be Memphis Shades. I can't tell if they are universal fit or specifically for 950 v-star. The buy it now price was about $300

·
Registered
65 Posts
What you want to change a good looking cruiser into a tourer,but if that's what you want then good luck.
Menhis screens & the boy's at west end motorsports are great guys,Mike & Al,if they don't have what you want then I'm sure they'll lead you in the right direction.
They've help me heaps,tell them kiwi sent you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, no fairing yet. Taking my time to make sure I get one that I will like. There is a motorcycle swapmeet near me that had a guy who makes universal ones which seem really nice. A buddy of mine bought one for his 650 and it looks good.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm just going to purchase and adapt a HD Roadking fairing. I want the ability to equip a stereo and all that other good stuff. I've found a few on eBay, so you guys may want to check there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got one real cheap, but there are complications with using a universal fairing. The key is in front of the handlebars so in order for it to work you have to move it forward about 3 inches. Now the headlight is recessed into the front of the fairing and looks dorky, so you have to move the headlight also. Then if you take it off, you have to be able to put it back into the stock location.

The batwing is a lot easier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts