Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a thing as a headlight visor for a 950?
Does anyone have one, or know of someone that does? Has anyone ever seen one on a 950?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Is there such a thing as a headlight visor for a 950?
Does anyone have one, or know of someone that does? Has anyone ever seen one on a 950?
G'Day Taboo.

I have a headlight visor on order, hopefully it should arrive this week.

Headlight visors seem to be pretty much generic, the standard size is 7" dia. I have a 650 VStar classic and the bullet headlights on those are 7", as opposed to a lot of the custom cycles (including V Star Custom) who headlights are 5" dia. I hunted around for a while to get the best price and had to order from the States.

Some of the visors with the Star Logo are very expensive. Mine is just straight chrome but looks alright in the photo and I picked it up for a little over $12.00 on ebay. I have attached the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330534066136&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

If you like I will let you know how the installation goes. Some suggest a two person operation just to hold that globe as it can be a little fiddly.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bevo and Aussie!

The 1300 headlight is kinda odd shaped, flat on top.
I measured my headlight today, the lenz is just around 6 inches and the rim is just under 7 inches.

I guess what I'm gonna have to do is ride to the local custom shop and try to match up what they have in stock.

I called my Yamaha dealer, but they seem just as lost as I am about it.

If I'm dilligent about it I'll find something.:)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Thanks Bevo and Aussie!

The 1300 headlight is kinda odd shaped, flat on top.
I measured my headlight today, the lenz is just around 6 inches and the rim is just under 7 inches.

I guess what I'm gonna have to do is ride to the local custom shop and try to match up what they have in stock.

I called my Yamaha dealer, but they seem just as lost as I am about it.

If I'm dilligent about it I'll find something.:)
No worries mate, hope they can sort something out for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts