Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just completed my first upgrade on my ride. I installed these nice new passenger floorboards for my wife for our 6 year anniversary. It was the first thing she said she wanted when we looked at the bike in the showroom. Installation was a snap. It was actually harder to get the right mounting hardware from the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Those look really nice. Been thinking about doing the same thing. What was the style of mounts you ended up using?

John

·
Registered
600 Posts
Keeping wife-y happy ...... priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They were from the Yamaha starbikes catalog at my dealer. I'll check the parts numbers and post them but a quick search on Yamahas web site and they will pop up. There are 2 models. I went with the less expensive set of aluminium. The other one is polished billet and has the star logo on the back but about twice the price. The rubber matches the factory front boards. The mounts are delegate and bolt to the relocation plate for added to the touring model with hard bags. If you don't have factory hard bags you need to add the relocation plate as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just picked up those floorboards, ready to install last night until....

Can't get out the darned bolts holding in the current peg bracket. Used a breaker bar, impact wrench. Nothing. Doesn't even budge, as if it were welded in place.

Did you experience the same? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to take up bandwidth. But I called the home office in Omaha, and I got the secret to loosening the bolts - heat. Used my heat gun, softening the lock-tite, and easy-peasey they came right out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They were from the Yamaha starbikes catalog at my dealer. I'll check the parts numbers and post them but a quick search on Yamahas web site and they will pop up. There are 2 models. I went with the less expensive set of aluminium. The other one is polished billet and has the star logo on the back but about twice the price. The rubber matches the factory front boards. The mounts are delegate and bolt to the relocation plate for added to the touring model with hard bags. If you don't have factory hard bags you need to add the relocation plate as well.

So, are you saying with a 950 Tourer you do not have to purchase additional mounting plates? The floor board mount to the exsisting plates on the touring model.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, are you saying with a 950 Tourer you do not have to purchase additional mounting plates? The floor board mount to the exsisting plates on the touring model.
No. The floorboard is just the floorboard. You still need the hinge hardware. But the touring model already has the relocation adapter that is also required. If you don't have the 950t you would need the floorboard, mount and relocation plate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts