Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my employees has come across a good deal on a 950T. The concern is his size, 6'2" and 300 pounds. This will be his first road bike and wondering if the bike would be comfortable for his size. Any and all comments are welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was looking at a 950 the other day...just looking... It seemed pretty comfortable to me. A Road Star has a slightly larger seat and is a little "taller" in seat height, but I don't think there's much difference in "leg room". I am not sure what the 950 has for power or torque, but the Road Star's 1800cc's certainly pulls my spare tire (5'/11"/240) out of the ditch every time....guys my size enjoy their 650's and 1100's, as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Hopefully we have a few 950 owners with some long term saddle time over 6 feet who can validate leg room.

·
Registered
237 Posts
6 footer 210 lbs. The 950 has more leg room than the bigger Harley's I've ridden. Just sold my 950 after 4 years and got a Road Star. The 950 has more leg room than the Road Star. Also, 950 power, not a problem. I've ridden two up and didn't even notice a difference with or without a passenger. Great bike the 950!

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
My nephew is 6’5” and 280lbs. He sat on my 950t and was comfortable, he rides a Honda 750 which looks small for him and he’s cramped. He wants a 950t now and will be looking around for one. Like Bevo said, you can get forward extensions for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Almost 30K miles on my 950T now and can't really tell much difference when my wife is with me and when she's not. If he sits on it and is not cramped he should be fine. I'm only 6' but have no issues with room.

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bike he was looking at sold. There are a few more that are local we are going to look at within the next few days. His wife has given the blessing for a bike but he can't bring it home or ride it before he takes a safety class. So if he buy one before he goes it will come to my house per wife's directions. Here's the catch, he is one of my management, and I write his schedule. So, I might not be able to give him off for a while to take the class so I can keep his bike for a while. 😀 I told him this and thought he was going to strangle me. I told him if he's on good behavior I'll see what I can work out, he's been the picture perfect employee since then.

·
Registered
496 Posts
No weekend classes? On the other hand what a message it would send him for you to cover in his absence. Then of course you could hold that over his head with subtle reminders of this action taken on your part for....oh what do they call that....oh yea... personal development time... or you could make this part of his performance appraisal by seeking outside educational opportunities to enhance his skills...just a few suggestions from Ohio. Good Luck!

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No weekend classes?
He works weekends, we are a 24/7 operation. I can easily cover his shift, just having fun making him worry. Yes, I really do things like this.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
The bike he was looking at sold. There are a few more that are local we are going to look at within the next few days. His wife has given the blessing for a bike but he can't bring it home or ride it before he takes a safety class. So if he buy one before he goes it will come to my house per wife's directions. Here's the catch, he is one of my management, and I write his schedule. So, I might not be able to give him off for a while to take the class so I can keep his bike for a while. 😀 I told him this and thought he was going to strangle me. I told him if he's on good behavior I'll see what I can work out, he's been the picture perfect employee since then.
Hummm..let me get this straight. It is in your garage. You have the keys................Does he say can i use my bike dad? pretty please. I am just going to meet my biker buddies at the library.

·
Registered
19 Posts
5’ 11” and 220. I think you’ll want 4” apes and a mustang seat for best comfort. That’s the changes I’m wanting. The shield height is fine for my half helmet and visor, but I wouldn’t do without the visor. The stock seat is not comfortable after an hour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts