Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Can anyone shed some light this.
I'm looking at making myself some dog bones
and looking underneath at the shock there is
Knuckle or link that then attaches to the the frame
my question is what's the lower frame holes for.?
to me it looks like you can bolt the bottom link
in either place but what does this do to bike.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm not really sure, but looking at it, there's no way you'd get the knuckle bolted in there.. Pretty sure there's not enough clearance.. Maybe it's for a center stand? As weird as that would be? lol No idea..

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
The big knuckle that the bottom of that bolts too. It looks like it has 2 frame hole locations.
Those are tie downs holes for the long boat ride from Japan. They hold the bike in the crate. The 1100s and Road Stars have them too. Definitely not to be used for suspension lowering.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent thanks very much for the info. I wasn't going to lower that way but couldn't work out what the holes were for. Right second question is are the dog bones smaller or longer than standard to lower the bike as I want to fabricate my own. The comment about the center stand did make me smile imagine a vstar on a center stand I would love to see that (just not on my bike).

·
Registered
491 Posts
Excellent thanks very much for the info. I wasn't going to lower that way but couldn't work out what the holes were for. Right second question is are the dog bones smaller or longer than standard to lower the bike as I want to fabricate my own. The comment about the center stand did make me smile imagine a vstar on a center stand I would love to see that (just not on my bike).
Yah, that's what I was thinking when I said it.. lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes thanks Kes sounds like a plan. I've removed my rear fender and plan on creating one from fiber glass that will attach to swing arm and plan on having no visible nuts bolts or screws so ill have it as low to the tyre as possible. Just wanted to do dog bones for the slammed look but still want to be able to use the bike without smashing the underneath to pieces. Got lots in store for my bike and will do a build thread later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts