Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is best aftermarket seat for the money for my 950? I want to be able ride all day long as I have some big trips planned(Saranac Lake, NY, Gettysburg PA, and Michigans UP, and maybe a trip around Lake Ontario). I also want to be able to keep the 2-up seat on it for the g/f.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Seat

this topic has been talked about a lot. Take a look at the "Rebuilding Stock Seat" topic down a few. LOOk at some of the old topics, you will pick up a lot. As to which one is best I think you will be happy with Mustang, Ultimate, Corbin, or the rebuilt one. Rebuilt custom is cheaper.

I also think you need to consider part of what you do is just toughen up a little. One problem is just sitting in the same position long periods of time and using muscles you don't normaly use. Also think about Lambswool, or a gel pad. Maybe just ride for a while and make up your mind later if you are new to it.

I once went to Walmart, bought a lambswool mit for washing cars, took the hem out of the thumb side and sat on it. For $11 a big improvement. Look at gel pads on Ebay

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts