Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I was out riding my v star 950 the yesterday and realized that my front brake is squealing :mad:. I have just over 4,500 miles on my bike. Pads are not worn and the rotor is not gouged. Any suggestions to get rid of the squeal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a friend with a 650 that squeals every time he stops; mine squeal from time to time (about 6k on the odometer). I don't think there's anything wrong; might just be a mismatch of pad type and rotor from the factory. I don't consider it a real issue; however it can get old real fast.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
If not worn out, causing the problem, a little dust or plain being dirty will make them squeal till cleaned up a bit. I make mine quit by being aggresive with the front brake a time or two, the parts store guy suggested sand them a bit (the pads), I never tryed that one, but makes sense, especialy if they may be a bit glazed. Just a couple thoughts. Ride safe.

·
Registered
821 Posts
It's usaully caused by dust. If you have accsess to an air compressor, spray them out real good with some air.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts