Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I purchased my bike in August and am considering replacing the stock seat with a more comfortable one (I'm 53 with 2 back surgeries). I was looking at Mustang and Ultimate with a backrest. I was wondering if anybody had removed their rear passenger seat and sissy bar from at Star Tourer? A casual glance makes me think it would be a major operation. I don't anticipate that I will have a passenger riding with me... (wife said, oh hell no!)
Anybody have experience with a Ultimate or Mustang seat?
Thanks!
John

·
Super Moderator
6,791 Posts
John, I ride an 09' 950 tourer with the mustang seat and gel pad and I found it to be very comfortable. I sat on one with the ultimate seat, but found the mustang more comfortable, but that's just me. I'd suggest shopping around as prices can vary quite a bit. My wife loves to ride as my passenger, and she says her passenger seat is very comfortable as well. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
+1 on the Mustang seat. I replaced the OEM seat and passenger seat with the wide Mustang seat and backrest. It's not a big job to remove the passenger pillion and backrest, but be aware there will be holes in the back fender when you take off the back seat. You might search the site for solutions as to how to plug those holes. I know there are some good ideas as to how to do it. You'll never be sorry replacing the stock seat, but keep in mind that the Mustang seat will put you a little closer to the bars and raise you up a little bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts