Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a lot of problems with vibration and had the bike repaired from the front to the back still it vibrates so bad that last year my legs just hurt so much I rode 1 week couldn’t take the vibration so fierce once it’s worm up wow it just vibrate brutally has any of you folks out there can know this problem???

· Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
15,527 Posts
Reaction score
What did the shop say you had it "repaired" at? Is this your first V-Twin? V-Twins have a unique feel. Do you feel it in legs thru your feet? When I ride my legs are relaxed so not understanding vibration hurting them. Do you feel vibration at all RPM, different speeds, different gear? Do you feel it in hands and butt? Is bike stock? If not, what changes? What's date code on tires? Do you feel vibration when applying brakes? Not trying to just throw a bunch of questions at you, but is the only way we might be able to narrow down the issue.

Reactions: bevo1981 and Brad_G

· Registered
2004 Road Star Silverado Midnight Star 1700, 2007 VStar Classic 1100
83 Posts
Reaction score
Never heard of a modern bike vibrating that bad. Not from an engine anyway. The old 6,000 rpm inline 4 cylinder 1100’s of the 80’s used to vibrate the hell out of your feet on the pegs but what you are describing is a first. Is there a chance it’s a wobble from a wheel or tire? You got a bike jack to lift the bike and spin the tires?

If not, here’s one on the cheap:1500 lb. Steel ATV/Motorcycle Lift

1 - 3 of 3 Posts