Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I ride a 950T currently. I'm a diehard vstar fan (a fanatic one might say). When I decided to sell my 650 classic, I test drove a new 950 and a used 1300 at different dealers. The only reason I really went with the 950 was bc I didn't like the 1300 in city traffic. Let me explain.

During the 1300 test ride, I drove mostly stop and go city traffic with a couple long straightaways where I maxed out at about 50-55mph. i stalled twice on the route bc I upshifted too quickly into second. Granted I'm used to shifting quickly out of first bc of the small size of the 650, but I found this to be odd. It turned me off from the 1300 bc while I do drive highways, I'm also a commuter. I probably do 75% city mileage and 25% highway. The thought of holding the clutch in (doing the "clutch dance" as I say) in rush hour convinced me to buy a 950.

Mind you, I LOVE my 950. I have had fun modding it out, but I know someday I'll want a bigger bike. Don't want to abandon the vstar lineup to do that. Can someone explain if I test drove a wonky used 1300 or if this is something people get used to after awhile?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts