Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Has anyone experienced heat on the backs of their legs when riding their 950?
Absolutely. Pretty sure everyone who has ridden one has felt the heat. That's part of having an air cooled engine I guess.

·
Registered
458 Posts
try it in Texas heat when its 115ish outside on black tar mac roads stuck in stop and go traffic. Had to stop a few times under bridges to let my baby cool down.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My first event was riding my 2014 950t in Veterans day parade. By the end of the route I had trouble getting the bike to restart. Once I got back in the wind all was good but I thought I had wrecked my motor with only about 1 month on it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would guess that the larger surface area of the bigger engine might help keep temps down. But walking a bike for about 4 miles while revving for crowds has got to be a torture test for any air cooled motor. I have been thinking about setting up a snap on cooling fan for things like that.

·
Administrator
13,271 Posts
I would guess that the larger surface area of the bigger engine might help keep temps down. But walking a bike for about 4 miles while revving for crowds has got to be a torture test for any air cooled motor. I have been thinking about setting up a snap on cooling fan for things like that.
i'm sure it puts a strain on the engine, but i've done the ROT rally bike parade for the past 4 years each June and the 950 has held up great. i'm guessing the 4 miles you're referring to is also a bike parade?

·
Registered
178 Posts
It is a marching parade. We were entered a a bike group and had to roll along with the marching bands and floats etc. An extremely slow pace that included a lot of idling waiting for people to move forward. But of course all the audience sitting along the route want to hear the bikes rev the motors. There used to be a group of spot bikes a few years ago but they quit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts