Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the opportunity to change out my 950t’s exhaust from the 2-1 factory setup with the addition of a Cobra slipon to a full true duals thanks to one of our forum members, Steve, who lives just south of us in Huntsville, Al.
Steve gave me an unbelievable deal on my new exhaust system. I had installed and rode in a charity run today. It’s loud for sure, but has a deep rumble. IMG_4275.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again so much Steve! They enhance the look of the bike in my opinion.

·
2,366 Posts
Looks great Keith and I bet it sounds good too. Always loved the dual exhaust look.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,058 Posts
I like the look. Are they loud all the time or just when you get on it?

·
Super Moderator
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me too NorthernRider, thanks!
Yes les, loud only when you really crank the right wrist. One thing I did notice was it had a tad more take off from a stand still.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,058 Posts
You know load exhaust reduces fuel mileage. 😁 From wanting to hear the new roar.

·
Super Moderator
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, excellent point les. Sorta makes the right wrist a tad twitchy.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Keep the stock pipes around for awhile. If I had mine I'd switch back. The loudness can get tiresome unless you wear plugs or a full face helmet. Hopefully you love them for a long time though.

·
Super Moderator
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Highwayman and you raise an excellent point. I do wear a full face helmet and earplugs, and I’ll be keeping the stock exhaust as backup. You never know when you’ll need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts