Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, have had my '96 RS for 10 months or so...i have put approx 2500 miles on her and have found some things that needed to be fixed or upgraded..thought i'd share

Started with this as the base bike...

the seat was horribly uncomfortable and was the first thing to be upgraded to a mustang. i got both driver and passenger pillions but have yet to mount the passenger one yet (i like the single saddle look)

was too quiet...needed people to hear me (for safety of course) and added some jardine's

got to thinking i needed some passing lights..a coworker gave me an old set from a previous bike of his, i made some home-made mounts and now can see more at night

then needed a taller windshield and some new lowers and a cheapo throttle lock...and a rear fender bib...

and since the clutch started slipping tonight i put a PCW RACING heavy duty v-max clutch spring kit in it...test drove and it's a dream in all gears...no more slipping

should be good to go for this season....we'll see

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's V-4, I want to know where he got them pipes?!?!?! I have a 97 and have been searching for some slip on's or new exhaust to get better sound!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's V-4, I want to know where he got them pipes?!?!?! I have a 97 and have been searching for some slip on's or new exhaust to get better sound!
Not sure how I missed this post....yes, its a v-4 as dq says....
dq, I found these jardine slip-ons used on another site. Its my understanding that they don't make pipes for these 4 into 4 bikes anymore (at least not domestically) and we're forced to get stuff used....I paid about $225 shipped...and they are LOUD AS HELL !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts