Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here so give me some breaks...

I've been injured for most of the summer and unable to ride until yesterday. I did keep the trickle charger on the bike though while not riding.

Yesterday I geared up to go ride, powered the bike on to fill the carbs. All went great until I pressed the start button then all electrical went away. Nothing.

Checked the main fuse and all the rest I could find. The battery tests good and couldn't find anything loose or crappy looking.

Any ideas of where to look would be great. Does anyone know of a fuse or relay associated with the main switch that would cause a complete electrical failure? I'm at a loss and quickly running out of good riding weather!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me earlier this season. I started troubleshooting at the battery and found that the positive terminal had shaken loose to the point that all electricals would go out after I hit the start button. I have also read that the ignition switch can get gummed up and cause the same kind of an issue. Check both and let us know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts