Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, one of the main reasons I joined the forum is because i need help with my newly purchased rs 1600.
I got a great deal on it its a 99, its got 7000 miles, long shot exhaust, and the open kn intake. it wasnt running but with a little work it fired up but I cant seem to keep it running or cant keep a steady idle.
So here is a brief story on what I did. I drained the tank, cleaned it, replaced the fuel valve, filter, fuel lines, cleaned the carburetor, replaced the starter relay because it fried in the process of me starting it. I also noticed the intake manifold is cracked and for the time being i glued it seems to be holding up fine.
The bike needs to be chocked and my idle knob is turned to its highest setting. Sometimes the bike idles high other times i need to twist the throttle in order to keep it running. There is also a lot of sputtering and carb backfire.
I think its mostly it, im hoping theres something you guys can suggest that i might have looked past or some better idea of what i need to do.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS SO MUCH! thats what it ended up being. It was filled with grime, but not fully just enough to obstruct some of the flow.

Bike is fixed it ended up being the PILOT JET.

Off to ride now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts