Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 yamaha vstar 650. Ithe seems to be popping and back firing while at low speeds and it will pop once in a while while idling. I've had my carbs cleaned, new sparkplugs,and new air filter. I'm at a loss. If I'm running too rich or too lean I'm screwed cuz the last owner stripped the adjustment screws on the carbs. I'm supposed to be going on a longoing ride next month and want it running right before I go. Thanks and please help!!!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I have a 1999 yamaha vstar 650. Ithe seems to be popping and back firing while at low speeds and it will pop once in a while while idling. I've had my carbs cleaned, new sparkplugs,and new air filter. I'm at a loss. If I'm running too rich or too lean I'm screwed cuz the last owner stripped the adjustment screws on the carbs. I'm supposed to be going on a longoing ride next month and want it running right before I go. Thanks and please help!!!!
which adjustment screws are stripped, the plastic pms ones? and what your set up ? pipes & intake

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I have cobra pipes and a hyper charger. The brass screws for fuel adjustment are stripped
you might want to have a machine shop get those screws out for ya so you can replace em, anything short of doing that you'll never get carbs adjusted to work correctly, those screws affect the performance from idle up to 3/4 throttle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts