Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a Military Rider with a CIB and Three Combat Deployments in the Infantry. Currently 26 and out of active duty service, and now an engineer in the reserves.

I ride a 2003 Yamaha 1100 custom. It was black with some lame purple and grey pin striping but it's all black and chrome now. I learned how to detail cars from my Mexican friends in the Army, so I did all the painting myself with some help from my little brown battle buddies.

I plan on bobbing it but still have passenger capabilities. My wife is an ancient history teacher, so to keep her happy about me owning two bikes, I am making the 1100 an Egypt themed bike. She's happy, because she thinks I dedicated it to her. I'm happy because Anubis and the Egyptian afterlife is extremely Brutal and a cool bike theme.

I ride hard and fast, but still keep 360 security.

Helmets suck, almost at much as tickets. :mad:

I also own a 2009 Triumph 675 Daytona(tornado red) but it's more of a track bike, due to no one else in my podunk town has a crotchrocket :( And I did own a Yamaha FZ6 as my first bike. I loved it and rode it everywhere, but after awile I wanted more. I don't really like crossovers, I'm more of an extremist. I like my Extremely fast and agile 675, and my Extremely comfy and smooth v star 1100. I don't really do in between.

The 1100 is my first cruiser and my first carb... anything, so I will be asking questions and searching forums for answers on here a lot when doing my maintenance.

Thanks for reading,
Wes

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
took off what needed sanded primed and painted, and added 3 inch extenders on the foot controls.

Sanded and primed

sanded, primed, and painted the forks

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG] Chopped off half of the sub-frame and cut the plastics back.

Used semi-gloss enamel on the engine and everything that was gray including the final drive housing and sanded and painted the chrome battery covers. I also got rid of that pesky AIS system, and filled in the holes on the cylinders with PCS aluminum plugs.

Once I lower the bike a few inches, relocate the plate and brake lights, and get an exhaust upgrade it will look pretty nice.

Thanks for greetings everyone. It's much appreciated.
Wes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts