Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking to replace my exhaust. I'm mostly seeing two long straight pipes either the same length of staggered. I saw the post of true duals cool but not that interesting in my opinion. The garden variety of aftermarket exhausts do look better than stock but they are still not that intersting such as the Raider's stock exhaust. Does anyone have any links to different looking exhausts?

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you don't like any of the off the shelf aftermarket exhausts, you could contact a custom exhaust builder and get something made that's really one of a kind...
You gotta wonder how much that would cost though, and keep in mind you could spend a reasonable amount on pipes and have money left over for a fuel processor. Didn't you say you're ordering a BAK for your bike? I understand you need a programmer with that anyway. The cobra speedster longs look really good (IMO) if you have saddlebags. I have the yamaha speedstar pipes, and they sound really good.
Check amazon.com for pipes, there are good deals on there!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah - I just got my BAK yesterday. Now I have to find time to install it. I was hoping to install it and do a factory reset of the ECU and then if I get pipes I'll get the fuel processor. I really like the pipes on Ebay. They are what I'm looking. DO you think they would pose any noise problems for the passenger?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yeah, they say it fits the liners, but only shows them on the raider... Looks like there would be peg interference. Gotta say I like the speedstars... You don't have to pull the exhaust for the primary gear oil or drive belt tension adjustments. That's a great bonus.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
It's a bonus, I'll give you that. A "great bonus", ehh, not so much. You change the primary's hypoid gear oil after break-in then it's good for something like 15,000 miles.

I don't see any pipe causing any great deal of pain for belt tension check/adjustment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts