Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted for awhile on here, so I just wanted to share a few pics that I took while out riding around my little island paradise (Fogo Island) off the north coast of Newfoundland yesterday afternoon.

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,509 Posts
Always love you pictures. The water looks soooo blue.. Thanks for posting. How has your back been. How about Shelby?

Reactions: Redbird58

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Les, how are you doing? And thanks! Same old spinal issues as always unfortunately, (since 2004) but I still manage to get out for short rides on my "good" days. The weather up here has been fantastic in recent weeks, and I've actually been putting quite a few miles on both bikes so far this year. Hard to believe that this is my eighth summer on these two bikes... it seems as though I just bought them!

Sheba's doing great too; she turns 5 in a few more weeks... where does the time go?!?! Just the absolute perfect companion who is always so attuned to her "dad" that she can always sense when I'm having a particularly difficult day, and thus will not leave my side. Linda and I can't even imagine not being able to share our days/lives with this lovely, amazing, oversized snuggle bunny. Here's a few quick snaps of our dear Sheba... (sorry, they're only taken with my tablet, as it was handy)

Glen

·
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,509 Posts
Good to hear you're doing OK enough to get some one therapy time. Can't believe Shelby is 5 years old. She's still one beautiful fur baby. Don't know if you followed my retirement, moved out of the Houston rat race to the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It's been one year this week we started this journey, definitely no regret. If you get bored one day, here's the thread.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Good to hear you're doing OK enough to get some one therapy time. Can't believe Shelby is 5 years old. She's still one beautiful fur baby. Don't know if you followed my retirement, moved out of the Houston rat race to the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It's been one year this week we started this journey, definitely no regret. If you get bored one day, here's the thread.

les has it really been 1 year already? Where has the time gone? I haven't followed everything in your thread but it seems to me as if its only been a few months.

Reactions: lesblank

·
14,509 Posts
les has it really been 1 year already? Where has the time gone? I haven't followed everything in your thread but it seems to me as if its only been a few months.
Bought land and started improvements one year ago. Moved here full time 60 days ago.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow Les, you weren't kidding that your "life is changing"! You've certainly had a very busy, exciting year! I started reading the 30+ pages of your story late last night, and didn't finish until the wee hours of this morning, as I just couldn't stop until I was right up to speed on your project.

We did something similar many years ago... we purchased an amazing vacant lakefront lot in the scenic Haliburton Highlands of Central Ontario, and decided that we would build our own home. It was a huge undertaking for just the two of us, and we did almost all of it ourselves... from clearing the land, to the design of the home, to the actual construction and finishing/decorating. It was just a small, (800 sq/ft) simple bungalow sitting atop a cliff overlooking a pristine 15 mile long lake, and to this day we still talk about how if only we had kept that property all of these years. We very recently came across a real estate listing for our old place, and it was priced at almost a million dollars. (Yikes!) We had paid just $5,900 for the 100' lakefront property, and spent roughly $35,000 to build the home. If only we had hung on to it, but we had no idea at the time that we were sitting on a little gold mine!

Oh well, I guess we can't really complain, as here we are now, 30+ years later, and sitting on another little gold mine here on our lovely little island paradise. (we bought our oceanfront home 15 years ago for the price of a used car, and now it too has become quite valuable)

We know that you and yours will have many wonderful years in that lovely place you've made for yourselves. Thanks for the interesting read, and I pledge to try to post on here more frequently! Hopefully the forum members won't get too tired of seeing so many photos taken from my rides around this island... and of course the ever-present Sheba pics!

Here's a few shots of my two bikes, taken yesterday in our yard.

Glen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts