Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had a good day, 65deg, sunny, nice for a ride. Two days a go i bought a driver back rest off of ebay for 45$(vstar 1100). Mailman brought it this morning. Maybe 5 min to in stall. Only 50 or so miles today but so far(okie word) I like it. :D

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Well I had a good day, 65deg, sunny, nice for a ride. Two days a go i bought a driver back rest off of ebay for 45$(vstar 1100). Mailman brought it this morning. Maybe 5 min to in stall. Only 50 or so miles today but so far(okie word) I like it. :D
Man, you one lucky guy!! Happy for you, 65 deg, there are a ton of us out here slobbering to get back on the road, and it wouldn't even take 65, that would be t-shirt weather for me and others I'm sure. Try not to rub it in too hard.;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
30-40 s in VA. I did go out and ride recently in 40 degree temp, but a little tricky with the sand/salt/ water runoff from the snow and ice. I rode for about 40miles. enjoy, be safe.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Two days a go i bought a driver back rest off of ebay for 45$(vstar 1100). Mailman brought it this morning. Maybe 5 min to in stall. Only 50 or so miles today but so far(okie word) I like it. :D
I've been looking at that backrest as well. How is the fit and finish, and does it work as well as I hope it does?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I must say for 45+15 shipping, I was a little concerned. I have not found a single add-on for motorcycles that didn't cost a arm & a leg:eek: But the fit & finish is up there with Yamaha Factory I think. I have only road about 50 miles so fare, but i like it and maybe on a longer trip I may have to bend it a little this way or that way. I wish I wood have bought one a long time-ago:D

·
Registered
208 Posts
I too was concerned about the price being slow low with matching quality.... but I agree this maybe a must have item.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it was a nice day here in OKLAHOMA. Spring is upon us. Road 200+ mile up and down OLD ROUTE 66 today seen a lot of bikes also. As for my new back rest, it felt good, put my feet on the road pegs and rolled. This is a good buy. :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well it was a nice day here in OKLAHOMA. Spring is upon us. Road 200+ mile up and down OLD ROUTE 66 today seen a lot of bikes also. As for my new back rest, it felt good, put my feet on the road pegs and rolled. This is a good buy. :D
Thanks for the update... the mail man should be delivering mine today :D
I might add you have good taste in bikes... (mine is the same make, model, color, etc.) I can't wait to add the backrest. The snow is begining to melt, and I'll be hitting the road soon....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Here's a picture of the wife and I with our (stock for now) 08 1100 Silverado.

Here's a picture of my other baby... its a KTM 300 exc

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Boy I gave up the off road bikes a long time ago.:( Way back in the 70's I put 1000's of miles on a Honda 250 and the 500 on/off road bikes in the Houston area as work bikes. This is something that the wife and I can do to gather. She rides the 650, with 15'000 or so miles now we will do are first long trip about 1200miles a five state run and it should be fun. I do miss the dirt bikes but not the terrafirma in my:eek:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've been riding off-road bikes since I was 8. I was surprised when the wife agreed to get the vstar. She likes riding as a passenger, but so far has no desire to solo....

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
a question for bevo.

hi bevo what does the la choppes air kit consist of and has the new fi controller made much difference john

·
Administrator
13,658 Posts
hi bevo what does the la choppes air kit consist of and has the new fi controller made much difference john
the kit is mostly just a different kind of plate that you screw onto the intake and a much larger air filter that is exposed 360 degrees, and the front cover with a nice 'X' design. the stock filter you're replacing is so restrictive that i'm not sure how any air gets into the bike with it, but i did love the design. the instruction manual for the LA kit claims that no fuel processor is needed if you install it, but i really don't believe that. (if you get this make sure you have some loctite red or blue handy because the kit doesn't include any)

it's hard to say how much the fi processor improves performance just on its own because i added it in conjunction with the airkit. i installed it with the stock settings that came with it. the manufacturer sets it based on having an after market air filter with stock exhaust. it's easy to adjust it, and i may have to since i have noticed a slight dip in gas mileage.

together, there is a very noticeable increase in power and torque, and better exhaust note. i'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
thanks bevo, thats the info i needed,before i spring for this im going to look at puttig a big filter in the standard airbox and ventilating it. possibly using thin flat stainless to go round the holes/slots to give it a custom look.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts